Garmin PCX5AVD software

Old December 28th 06, 04:38 AM
Jesse Zeck Jesse Zeck is offline
Junior Member

Default Garmin PCX5AVD software

Does anyone have copy of the Garmin PCX5AVD software.

I have a panel mount Garmin GPS 100 AVD in a Piper Arrow. The user memory battery in the unit is low and I need to replace it. In order to do this I need to down load the user data before I change the battery or I will lose the user data.

I have the PCX5 software which I use with a Garmin II+ which allows me to down / up load. users waypoints and route information. I am able to back up my Garmin II+ in this manner.

I though that I would be able to do the same with the Garmin 100 AVD. Much to my dismay I found out when I try to so, that the PCX5 software does not support the Garmin 100 AVD.

I have the software users manual for the PCX5 which is one manual for the PCX5 / PCX5AVD / PC150. I, mistakenly, thought that the software that I had covered the Garmin 100 AVD.

I have talked with Garmin 3 times - they do not support the Garmin 100 AVD or the software for it any longer and have not for an extended period of time.

I have a large number of way points in the unit at this time - have taken two trip to Alaska and back from the east coast.

I, in desperation, have been doing Google searches to find someone who has the software, that I could get a copy - - the PCX5AVD software (preferably revision 2.07, 2.08 or 2.09?? if possible??).

If you or if you know of some that has the PCX5AVD software, I would appreciate the contact information.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jesse Zeck

315.483.6054
Old January 2nd 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ron

Jesse,
I still use the 100 AVD in Oz. Do you have the serial cable?

--

regards
Ron