Pix of our new fuel truck

Old January 9th 07, 04:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Frank Stutzman

Default Pix of our new fuel truck

Ray Andraka wrote:
As far as planes that burn mogas, well, show me one that has enough
seats for my brood that will burn mogas, and you might make a convert
out of me.

The R-985 engines in a Beech 18 will burn mogas. Seats 8. How big is
your brood?

Unfortunately, I think the added consumption kinda kills any savings...

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"

Old January 9th 07, 12:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

As far as planes that burn mogas, well, show me one that has enough
seats for my brood that will burn mogas, and you might make a convert
out of me. Kind of a moot point here though, because pretty much
everything they sell here now is corn gas.

Like Frank says, a Beech 18 would do the trick.

Now THAT would up the "cool factor" of your arrivals, no?

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 9th 07, 02:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ray Andraka

Jay Honeck wrote:

As far as planes that burn mogas, well, show me one that has enough
seats for my brood that will burn mogas, and you might make a convert
out of me. Kind of a moot point here though, because pretty much
everything they sell here now is corn gas.

Like Frank says, a Beech 18 would do the trick.

Now THAT would up the "cool factor" of your arrivals, no?

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Yeah, a B-18 would be cool, and it would be comfortable for the the six
kids. Unfortunately, it wouldn't fly very much, even if I could fuel it
with mogas.

Old January 9th 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ray Andraka

Jim wrote:

6 kids? Wow... what are you flying now?!

A cherokee Six-260 with the 7th seat. Youngest is still under 2, so
riding on the lap still works for him for a few more weeks. Oldest is
17, so he's not always travelling with us these days.
Old January 10th 07, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

6 kids? Wow... what are you flying now?!

A cherokee Six-260 with the 7th seat. Youngest is still under 2, so
riding on the lap still works for him for a few more weeks. Oldest is
17, so he's not always travelling with us these days.

When Ray arrives at the Cherokee Pilots Association fly-in, it's gonna
look like one of those clown-car routines! ;-)

I haven't followed the debate in the Cherokee Chat, Ray -- did you ever
work out the conflict with Father's Day for the fly-in? I'm handling
it by simply making the Cherokee Pilots Association fly in the
centerpiece of my Father's Day festivities... (It beats sitting
around the house, eating breakfast in bed, IMHO...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 10th 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim[_11_]

I can see a Pilatus or a Caravan in Ray's future to simply solve the 100LL
problem But that throws a wrench into the CPA Fly In!

Jim

Old January 10th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Montblack

("Jim" wrote)
I can see a Pilatus or a Caravan in Ray's future to simply solve the 100LL
problem But that throws a wrench into the CPA Fly In!

Pilatus Meridian?

Montblack

Old January 10th 07, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ray Andraka

Jim wrote:
I can see a Pilatus or a Caravan in Ray's future to simply solve the 100LL
problem But that throws a wrench into the CPA Fly In!

Jim

A Caravan is on my list if I ever strike it rich :-) An AN-2 would be
another way to garner attention on the ramp, but at 45gph for 140 kts
using 100LL, it is rather expensive to fly.
Old January 11th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ray Andraka

Jay Honeck wrote:

[...]

Jay, it is that way no matter where we arrive. I've been known to bring
the whole brood, plus the dog (a fat yellow lab), and bags for a several
day visit. Even with all that, I still have enough useful load to fill
the tanks, and in the Six, that is almost 6 hours worth of fuel.
Unfortunately, we'll most likely be going to visit my parents for
Father's day weekend, along with all my sibling's families, so the CPA
flyin isn't likely to be a destination this year, especially considering
my older boys have final exams the week before and the week after that
weekend.

Time, running out of fuel and fuel gauges Dylan Smith Piloting 29 February 3rd 08 07:04 PM
Own your own fuel truck? Dan Piloting 9 July 22nd 06 04:22 AM
Exposed Electrical Wires in Boeing 737 Fuel Tanks! Larry Dighera Piloting 0 July 17th 06 06:13 PM
Cessna 172 with Wild Fuel Gauge Needle jls Owning 26 February 20th 04 05:56 AM