Camping at OSH

Old July 1st 04, 11:51 AM
Scott

2 solutions to the dirty dishes:

1. Paper plates and plastic hardware (Knife, fork, spoon, spork, whatever)

2. Fill one of those 5 gallon collapsable water containers (sold at Wal
Mart or camping stores) at the drinking fountains in the campground
(they have a valve down below that can be opened to fill the container)
and bring it back to your campsite, heat the water on a coleman stove,
open fire or even one of those solar water heaters (black bag filled
with water and hung in the sun normally used for showering).

Scott
29 year OSH veteran

wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 00:36:06 GMT, "Cy Galley"
wrote:

You should not have any problem getting a camp site in the camp ground. We
have never run out of sites in the campground. It might be a long walk to
the shower houses. There are a couple of camp stores. There are portapotties
everywhere as we grab all there are in a 6 state area.

One thing I never figured out was where do you clean off your dirty
dishes and pans if you are camping? RV's have their own kitchen but
those who are camping don't. You can't, or shouldn't be washing food
off your dishes at the communal water trough's so where do you go?

Corky Scott

Old July 1st 04, 11:53 AM
Scott

Or if you feel REALLY bad about discharging gray water unto the ground,
dump it in a portapottie...

Scott

Morgans wrote:

"Dude" wrote in message

Pour it on the fire. The grass there is already dead, and nature will

take

care of the Ph imbalance before it gets back to the ground water.

Or scratch a little hole, and let it soak back into the ground.

Old July 1st 04, 01:16 PM

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 20:56:06 GMT, "Dude" wrote:

Pour it on the fire. The grass there is already dead, and nature will take
care of the Ph imbalance before it gets back to the ground water.

Dude, Coleman stove, no campfire.

Corky Scott

Old July 1st 04, 01:21 PM

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 10:51:08 +0000, Scott
wrote:

2. Fill one of those 5 gallon collapsable water containers (sold at Wal
Mart or camping stores) at the drinking fountains in the campground
(they have a valve down below that can be opened to fill the container)
and bring it back to your campsite, heat the water on a coleman stove,
open fire or even one of those solar water heaters (black bag filled
with water and hung in the sun normally used for showering).

Scott

Scott, the question now is: What do you do with the dirty dishwater
when you are through washing the pots and pans? Even if you use paper
plates and plastic spoons, you still cook the food in something that
needs to be cleaned. How do you dispose of it in a sanitary manner?
We aren't talking trackless wilderness here, we're talking tent city.
I wouldn't think it would be good manners to be dumping scummy water
on the ground next to the neighboring tents.

The suggestion has been made to dump it in the Porto toilets, is this
acceptable to EAA?

Thanks, Corky Scott
Old July 1st 04, 03:27 PM
JohnT.

If we have leftover dishwater (or cooking water, such as used for
boiling pasta), we often pour it in the road or a non-traffic area.
However, we got a pop up camper last year so if necessary, we can drain
to a outside waste container that can be dumped at a station later.
However, we rarely have that much water and still dump it outside.

As for camping, don't worry about it. They always have room. One year I
couldn't get there til friday, and wound up on 1st street near the
frontage road. It was a LONG walk, but I was there!

John

Old July 1st 04, 03:36 PM
Dude

DOH!

Hey, wait, doesn't that take the fun out of camping?

Old July 1st 04, 06:12 PM
Jim Weir

UW-O dorms are like camping with running water down the hall.

{;-)

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old July 2nd 04, 03:50 AM
Dave S

I went in 2002 and arrived midweek. I was placed in an empty spot on the
SECOND row near the registration booth on the north 40. It was a perfect
spot. Close to water, registration, north gate and showers.

dave