L13/L23 gliders

Old February 24th 11, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

Default L13/L23 gliders

not exactly true......we imported an L13 just last fall from the Czech
republic that did go back to the mfgr and was overhauled there.....
tim

wrote in message
On Feb 23, 5:27 pm, "
wrote:
Has this happened in the USA?

How much $$ for a "factory overhaul"? What is the turn around time?

Is the "factory" doing overhauls?

Cookie

Gliders with a "known" history can be returned to service with factory
overhauls (as they do in the Czech republic) and with complete
records...- Hide quoted text -

No, the factory is not doing any work, nor supplying parts directly.
We need to band together and buy the TC a la Eclipse. Not likely,
IMO, based on the response on this board and the FAA comment page..

database 5905 (20110224) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5905 (20110224) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old February 25th 11, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

OK so we have a recently "factory overhauled" L-13 is it airwothy? If
not what happens next and when?

OK....So we have a grounded Blanik L-13 with bad records.......

What happens next? And when?

Lot's of talk on the subject, but I don't see these glider any closer
to flying anytime soon!

Cookie
Old February 25th 11, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Bruce,

That will be "MISTER" Cookie to you! LOL

We are in agreement about the state of the Blanik.....Also about Mr.
Rind.

I disagree with your optimism. I am pragmatic.

Mr. Cookie

On Feb 24, 4:43*pm, BruceGreeff wrote:
Ms? Cookie

I said nothing about Mr Rind, who I believe is a respected professional.

What I DID say is that the repair / maintenance for release to service
would probably be uneconomical . The opinion of the eddy current testing
professionals I spoke to around here is that the cost of special probes
and analysis required would probably be a substantial fraction of the
airframe's value. Considering that this test would probably have to be
repeated every 300-500 hours (one pessimist opined 100 hours) it becomes
a very expensive airframe to maintain in an airworthy state.

So - I hope to be proven wrong, and the comments from Mr Rind elsewhere
indicate that I may be.

Glider pilots are optimists - we have to be to get in an aircraft with
no means of propulsion and honestly expect to fly hundreds of
kilometres. Let's hope the optimism is justified in this case.

Cheers
Bruce

--
Bruce Greeff
T59D #1771 & Std Cirrus #57

Old February 25th 11, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

On Feb 24, 1:50*pm, "Tim Mara" wrote:
not exactly true......we imported an L13 just last fall from the Czech
republic that did go back to the mfgr and was overhauled there.....
tim

When did you start the process, in the Spring? If so, that may well
be true...my info indicates they are no longer in the Blanik repair or
parts business.

I know of a case where a control bridge was purchased from the Mfg
July last year, only to find out it was not new or remanufactured but
had been "overhauled" by an "approved" repair station. It did not
pass dye check, and the buying party got screwed.

I wonder why I am wasting time on this thread - Viteck is the factory
rep, and he has news on the BA page. Too bad he did not post to this
group and save us some time!

Aerodyne

Old February 26th 11, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

I emailed Vitek and recieved a prompt reply, in essence:

The inspection method has been defined and is awaiting EASA approval.
Vitek is awaiting further news from the Factory.

Aerodyne

Old March 1st 11, 06:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pavel Rind

Dear Sirs,

according to the lastest information we have, the manufacturer and holder
of STC Aircraft Industries a.s. Kunovice has already sent an application
form for evaluation of their checking method of root area to EASA. We now
expact that in couple of days we shoul receive more information and maybe
new AD whic should release these airplanes back to service.

Our company Air-Tech Ltd Holešov, Czech Republic is working on our own
modification of L 13/L13 A Blanik and the first roll out is expected at
the end of March 2011. This modification will be fully accepted by EASA.
We are now reworking 4 airplanes which will be flying in Austria.

Best regards

Pavel Rind

L 13/L13 A gliders Pavel Rind Soaring 0 February 23rd 11 08:23 AM
Gliders? Ben Jeffrey Soaring 1 September 3rd 08 09:25 PM
Experimental LSA gliders? [email protected] Soaring 14 February 20th 08 02:48 PM
UK Gliders Jack Soaring 11 June 15th 06 03:50 AM
gliders in movies [email protected] Soaring 37 March 22nd 06 10:15 PM