Nephi, UT just got a tow plane from April - Aug!

Old February 11th 16, 02:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Nephi, UT just got a tow plane from April - Aug!

Nephi is one of the hottest soaring destinations in the west (and for good reason), but up until now, we have only had tow options during organized events. We have finally been able to secure a strong 182 to tow up gliders from mid-April into August if we can just get enough glider pilots to come out and use it. What a great problem to have. You are all invited!

We have a dedicated tow pilot/cfi-g able to be at Nephi at least Fri-Sun every week during these months. If demand is strong enough, or if you make arrangements with him, he might be able to come other days as well. It gets better (yes Herb, I am marketing here), the Utah Soaring Association's newly rebuilt winch (440hp, 8000'+ rope!) is at Nephi and pilots are welcome to schedule their winch endorsement / winch currency training with us in one of our club's Twin Astirs. Come to Nephi in 2016, fly the winch, get tows, have a blast.

The Utah Soaring Association is hosting the 15m, Standard, and Open Nationals at Nephi on June 19-30 this year so we will not have another OLC/XC Camp until 2017. Why not get your club or a few friends together and come out to Nephi for 3-4 days with your ships and create your own safari/OLC time at Nephi? We are more than excited to help you make it happen and hopefully fly together with you.

https://sites.google.com/site/nephisoaring/

Contact Bruno Vassel (B4) at 801-652-6631 or email brunovassel at gmail dot com for further information on either tows or winch launching at Nephi.
Old February 11th 16, 03:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, February 10, 2016 at 8:07:11 PM UTC-6, wrote:
[...]

I'm enjoying your marketing talents, Bruno, I really do. You finally pulled even with Parowan - no - wait a minute, you are ahead of them with your nice winch. I had many visits to Nephi as a turnpoint (seems to be a bit of a sinkhole but nevermind) so now I have a reason to visit on the ground and take some tows!
Herb
Old February 11th 16, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane[_3_]

Herb: Nephi is no sinkhole! Well, it's in a valley, but the hills on both sides have lots of lift, and there is typically a convergence line west of the airport. It has a long flat runway with good options at both ends -- no downwind or uphill over no man's land takeoffs. Little hills to the west get you going early without fearful scratching. We had a great time at Bruno's camp last summer. I hope to see you there this year!

John Cochrane
Old February 11th 16, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

You finally pulled even with Parowan - no - wait a minute, you are ahead of them with your nice winch...so now I have a reason to visit on the ground and take some tows!
Herb

Well Herb, I guess we are going to have to take down the sign entering town: http://screencast.com/t/YTe9mW43g I was able to get it approved with the city council by telling them it was an anti-drug campaign.

Bruno - B4
Old February 11th 16, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
K m

On Wednesday, February 10, 2016 at 7:07:11 PM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

Bruno,
I can appreciate the enthusiasm with the tow plane and pilot but where do you come off advertising winch endorsements and access to club equipment? None of this has cleared the BOD of the club and right now it looks like most of this wont make it into the bylaws. It definitely would be prudent to discuss this with the club first.
Old February 11th 16, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

So after Bruno gets his tongue lashing, I was wondering how one would know if there would be a tow plane available on a Sat or Sunday. If one (me) were to fly in on a Fri or Sat in his Ventus to get a tow and fly back home the next day. Have done that at Parowan when full time tows were there Who would be the contact number?
Old February 11th 16, 11:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Loye Hilton[_2_]

At 20:01 11 February 2016, wrote:
You finally pulled even with Parowan - no - wait a minute, you are

ahead
of them with your nice winch...so now I have a reason to visit on the
ground and take some tows!
Herb

Well Herb, I guess we are going to have to take down the sign entering
town:
http://screencast.com/t/YTe9mW43g I was able to get it approved
with
the city council by telling them it was an anti-drug campaign.

Bruno - B4
awesome, the old Durango soaring gang will be there as soon as we all get

together and set a date. Will be in contact. We also have a plane in Aztec,
N.M. now. Soooo kooool.

Old February 11th 16, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 2:01:07 PM UTC-6, wrote:
You finally pulled even with Parowan - no - wait a minute, you are ahead of them with your nice winch...so now I have a reason to visit on the ground and take some tows!
Herb

Well Herb, I guess we are going to have to take down the sign entering town: http://screencast.com/t/YTe9mW43g I was able to get it approved with the city council by telling them it was an anti-drug campaign.

Bruno - B4

Love it Bruno!!! What a sign of honor. A marketing genius AND a sense of humor!
Herb, J7
Old February 12th 16, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 3:33:15 PM UTC-7, wrote:
So after Bruno gets his tongue lashing, I was wondering how one would know if there would be a tow plane available on a Sat or Sunday. If one (me) were to fly in on a Fri or Sat in his Ventus to get a tow and fly back home the next day. Have done that at Parowan when full time tows were there Who would be the contact number?

Hey Cliff,
We are still working out the logistics so that it is clear and easy for everyone. For now, our pilot is planning every Fri-Sun during the weekends of the season so that will not be a problem. We will post more info as we work out the best way to both book and verify tow availability.

Bruno - B4
Old February 12th 16, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 4:24:11 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 2:01:07 PM UTC-6, wrote:
You finally pulled even with Parowan - no - wait a minute, you are ahead of them with your nice winch...so now I have a reason to visit on the ground and take some tows!
Herb

Well Herb, I guess we are going to have to take down the sign entering town: http://screencast.com/t/YTe9mW43g I was able to get it approved with the city council by telling them it was an anti-drug campaign.

Bruno - B4

Love it Bruno!!! What a sign of honor. A marketing genius AND a sense of humor!
Herb, J7

All in good fun Herb.
Bruno - B4

Nephi blog? [email protected] Soaring 4 June 30th 15 07:33 AM
Going to Nephi? Paul Remde Soaring 6 June 26th 15 05:22 AM
New Video From Nephi and Update on 2014 Nephi Events [email protected] Soaring 1 June 5th 14 03:27 AM
Nephi, UT Kevin Christner Soaring 4 February 3rd 14 09:18 PM
KS Duo at Nephi Karl Striedieck[_2_] Soaring 0 January 9th 14 02:18 AM