The Superior King Tiger

Old May 9th 04, 02:07 PM
Stephen Harding

Chad Irby wrote:

Well, ever since the invention of the entire *art* of needlepoint in
1938 Berlin, the US has done nothing except use the skills imported in
the postwar "Project Latchhook," where many German sewing scientists
were imported to create the unit patches for what became NASA.

Did you ever notice that sewing needles, cross-stitch needles,
crocheting needles and such in the US *look exactly* like the
ones used by the Germans during WWII?

There's an untold story of post-WWII subterfuge and intellectual
piracy to be told here I think!

SMH

Old May 9th 04, 02:38 PM
Greg Hennessy

On Sun, 09 May 2004 09:07:11 -0400, Stephen Harding
wrote:

Did you ever notice that sewing needles, cross-stitch needles,
crocheting needles and such in the US *look exactly* like the
ones used by the Germans during WWII?

Obviously reverse engineered from blueprints spirited by the Waffen
Stickerei division to their secret Antarctic base.

greg

--
"vying with Platt for the largest gap
between capability and self perception"
Old May 9th 04, 02:55 PM
L'acrobat

"Greg Hennessy" wrote in message

Of course, it was big enough
to be a target for the Tallboy or Grand Slam bombs.

Slight overkill LOL. Both the US and UK had 2000LB class AP bombs

intended
for anti ship use which would have been more than adequate.

When you consider how few examples of the tank they could have made, it
would have been simple to just send over some B17s or Lancs and carpet bomb
the damn things.

Old May 9th 04, 03:37 PM
Greg Hennessy

On Sun, 9 May 2004 23:55:28 +1000, "L'acrobat"
wrote:

Slight overkill LOL. Both the US and UK had 2000LB class AP bombs

intended
for anti ship use which would have been more than adequate.

When you consider how few examples of the tank they could have made,

The only good thing is the amount of T&E the germans wasted on these Wunder
weapons.

it
would have been simple to just send over some B17s or Lancs and carpet bomb
the damn things.

Assuming they could get them to the front in the 1st place.

greg

Old May 9th 04, 04:10 PM
Denyav

The Nazis lost, get over it.

King Leonidas and Confederates lost too!.
Old May 9th 04, 04:30 PM
Denyav

..and you think the US doesn't qualify, for some reason?

Because US cannot produce its own top scientific and technological talent.
US excels in mass producing scientific "standardized minds" scientific
equivalents of Henry Fords auto workers,but not the "thinkers like produced by
countries on other side of Atlantic.
Heck we cannot even produce top notch Presidents,Senators and Generals.
I think we must expand O and H1-b visa programs to include Presidents and
Generals.
(I am sure Mahan is spinning now in his grave)

..none of which excludes the US in any form or fashion.

Advanced Nations can consistently produce their own scientific and
technological "thinkers" ,Advanced countries cannot.
(Any similarity with US is purely coincidental as always)

Loosen up that old foil cap, dude, it's cutting off the circulation to
your brain.

Honestly my hat off to the latest PSYOP effort,namely the release,oops I meant
leakage,of photos from Iraq.

Old May 9th 04, 04:33 PM
Denyav

Mr. Bremer meets all of the requirements for a recognizable civil authority
since he appears to have been given the authority to name regional civilian
governors.

As much as a Roman Proconsul or a British Viceroy.
Old May 9th 04, 04:49 PM
Denyav

You know, you keep saying things like this, when what you're really
saying is "Russians are superior, you stole everything from us" one more
time.

Surely US stole some from Russia too,but the bulk of stolen technology and top
notch scientists were German.
If you cannot produce you must steal.
Old May 9th 04, 07:24 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
(Denyav) wrote:

You know, you keep saying things like this, when what you're really
saying is "Russians are superior, you stole everything from us" one more
time.

Surely US stole some from Russia too,

Such as...?

We got a lot of defectors, but they mostly just gave us copies of the
stuff the Soviets had been stealing from us in the first place.

but the bulk of stolen technology and top
notch scientists were German.

Only in some fields, and since you haven't noticed, that was about 60
years ago. But I guess you're like Arndt, and are still living in the
past.

Of course, the Soviets got a pretty large amount of technology from the
German programs, and that resulted in pretty much *every* technical
triumph by the Soviet Union for the next 40 years.

The US, on the other hand, has gone on to lead the world in a lot of
other fields, from electronics to biology to computer software to...
well, pretty much everything, when you get right down to it.

If you cannot produce you must steal.

So we're back to Russia again. Stolen nuclear tech (from the US),
stolen computer and electronic tech (from the US), et cetera. Did the
Soviet Union ever actually invent *anything* worthwhile? They were good
at making propaganda, though ("Russian equipment is going to beat the US
Real Soon Now!").

Meanwhile, on the science side, you guys had Lysenko.

And Chernobyl.

And Chelyabinsk-50.

Tell us again about that incredible Russian scientific and engineering
skill...

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.