Bargin tcas alert

Old December 28th 04, 11:00 AM
Thomas Borchert

Andrew,

It's called gorilla marketing (spelling intentional)

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old December 29th 04, 01:44 AM
Jim Utic

Wow... with all the childish bickering going on here, its a wonder
anything useful comes out of these discussions. Grow up, people! I
usually dont get into these, but the name-calling was just getting too
much, so here's my 2-cents worth:

I purchased a Micro for my 152. I have had some experience with these
products, having installed a Monroy 200, then a 300 in my Duchess. What
a piece of junk (my opinion). Erroneous altitudes and numbers all over
the place. I sent it back and got a Trafficscope VRX. I ended up
installing the VRX and I am very impressed with how accurate it (seems)
to be. Misses a few planes once in a while, but not enough to keep me
from using it. Lesson learned... if theres a choice between to products
that do the same thing, the cheaper one is usually less reliable.

The Micro doesnt give altitude, but for the $296 I paid for it ($289 +
$7 shipping), I wouldnt expect it to. An audio alert would be an
interestng add-on, but not really needed since it sits right in front
of my nose! Thats bunk if you're looking outside and think you cant see
10 bright LEDs... they really grab your attention. But then, Ive
actually used the product. The unit functions similarly to the VRX with
respect to reliability... if it lights up, I can usually count on
seeing an aircraft. Wish I knew the altitude, but I guess thats what
the more expensive unit is for.

Anyway, nice job, Surecheck. I will recommend these to whoever asks
(and even those that dont). Just wish I could display the traffic info
on my Garmin 430.

Jim Utic

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Dave,

True. There is no "alert" per se, but it does give an indication as

the nearest aircraft around me

Let's see: It's giving you a visual indication. While checking

whether
that comes on, it will keep you from looking outside where the

traffic
is - both traffic with an active transponder and that without one.

Seems
to me that the net result is a loss of total time spent scanning for
traffic - for all of 200 bucks.

And yes, units with an aural warning are different in that very

respect.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old December 29th 04, 07:18 PM
TaxSrv

"Jim Utic" wrote:
...but the name-calling was just getting too
much, so here's my 2-cents worth:
I have had some experience with these
products, having installed a Monroy 200, then a 300 in my Duchess.

What
a piece of junk (my opinion). Erroneous altitudes and numbers all

over
the place.

I had a Monroy 200, now a 300. There are much less frequent anomalies
than with the 200, and mine works very well. I will grant that some
competing units may work as well or better. But I bought it before
the latest competition came out, and I have no buyer's remorse.

Fred F.

Old January 1st 05, 05:54 AM

The connection is this: you sell the Monroy unit. You have an
understandable bias towards Monroy products because you make money off
them. Nobody would expect you to say anything nice about any
competitive products. In all fairness, your perspective is biased
towards the brand you sell. That's all.

-Terri

Thomas Borchert wrote:
And in fairness, I posted that Mr. Borchert sells Monroy because of
numerous other posts saying as much, such as

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...564f7f0aadc30a.
A simple web search reveals his website of www.aeroversand.de.

Thanks for the advertising, but I still don't understand what

"fairness" has to
do with my original post - or my being associated with that website.

And since we
had rather unpleasant discussions in this context before, I may have

been
oversensitive. Then again, this is usenet...

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old January 1st 05, 04:31 PM
Thomas Borchert

In all fairness, your perspective is biased
towards the brand you sell. That's all.

No, it's not. The point is that I didn't even mention any brand name -
and didn't even implicitly issued any recommendation at all. The only
"persepctive" I posted was to get one of these units, no matter which.
That is indeed what I would call fair. Hence, I consider your posts not
to be.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old January 2nd 05, 06:56 AM

Tom, you wrote: "Seems to me that the net result is a loss of total
time spent scanning for traffic - for all of 200 bucks. And yes, units
with an aural warning are different in that very respect."

This can only mean that you do not favor the Micro, since it doesn't
have audio warnings. Now, you're saying your posts say to get "one of
these units, no matter which."

Now, Tom, which way are you going to go?

-Terri

-

Old January 3rd 05, 08:33 AM

There are better systems, but the cost is prohibitive. My experience
with the Monroy was not as pleasant.

Old January 6th 05, 08:53 AM
Dave

I hear your atd stuff is losing sales, must be about time for another
ad boost from ol Paul at Avcon to slam the competition.

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Listen, "Tailwind9901",

I know this is Usenet, but this really cracks me up - again and

again.

First, it would be nice if you had the guts to put a real name to

stand
by your postings, but, oh well...

but stands to profit from the proceeds in some of the products he
recommends I think.

You think. You think??? That's all to support your slanderous

remarks?
Show some proof!

1. Mr. Borchert sells the Monroy devices and profits from the sell

of
such units. Keyword search "Thomas Borchert Monroy"

No secret at all.

4. Numerous avionics manufacturers have explicitly told me that

they
have either been threatened by Paul, or been told to "conform" in

order
to get positive reviews. This includes giving up websites for free

for
his benefit.

You got names? You got the paperwork for the lawsuits that, surely,

these
manufacturer's legal departments have raised against AvCon? Show some

proof!

I think it is sad that many people try and take advantage of GA

pilots
like myself in such a crooked way.

Implicitly, you accuse me. How, pray, tell, in this thread, have I

taken
advantage of anyone in a crooked way? I don't get it, so please

explain
it to me - if you can.

This is just my opinion based on many months of research

Opinion and research don't go together well. Through research, you

tend
to find facts. If you did, please present them. If you didn't, your
opinions are slanderous blathering at best.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Terrorist Alert!!!! :-) Larry Dighera Piloting 7 March 29th 04 04:15 AM
controller killed Jeff Piloting 16 March 5th 04 11:22 AM
Skyguide traffic controller killed HECTOP Piloting 39 March 3rd 04 02:46 AM
FBI Issues Alert Against Almanac Carriers noname Military Aviation 1 December 30th 03 02:13 AM