Are we missing out on something?

Old January 4th 04, 11:46 PM
Bob Gardner

Default Are we missing out on something?

As you may know, the FAA folks in Oklahoma City put out a quarterly
"Designee Update." It is intended for instructors and designated examiners,
in the interest of standardization and getting the word out on policy
changes. It is available to anyone at the AFS-600 site.

I asked Paul J. Maenza, its editor, why there was no October update, and he
replied that he had received no articles or questions. From the number of
postings in the rec.aviation newsgroups, I know that there is interest in
standardization, especially when one FSDO's advice conflicts with that from
another FSDO.

I know that sending in questions works, because I got them to include a
paragraph about how examiners performing an MEL oral should not ask
applicants any questions implying that landing gear position affects minimum
controllable airspeed because there is no correct answer.

I strongly recommend that newsgroupies who have similar questions or
unresolved conflicts should send them to Paul.J. . (Dunno why
the link does not pick up the "Paul.J." but I have never pretended to
understand computers).

Bob Gardner

Old January 5th 04, 03:15 AM
Robert M. Gary

Bob,
I didn't see this news letter (or any previous ones) on the web sight.
How do I sign up to get this?

-Robert, CFI

Old January 5th 04, 03:32 AM
C J Campbell

Now here is a resource I did not know about. Thanks, Bob.

Perhaps this thing should be publicized a little more.

Old January 5th 04, 05:23 PM
Peter Duniho

"Bob Gardner" wrote in message
I strongly recommend that newsgroupies who have similar questions or
unresolved conflicts should send them to Paul.J. . (Dunno

why
the link does not pick up the "Paul.J." but I have never pretended to
understand computers).

Because you typed a space in the name.
(without the
space) works just fine.