Recommendations for Private Pilot CDs?

Old October 11th 04, 04:49 AM
pjbphd

Default Recommendations for Private Pilot CDs?

I'm working on my private pilots certificate and until I get it, I'll be
doing a lot of driving - up to eight hours on the road each weekend. I can
use that time listening to what my wife calls "sports blather" on the radio
or maybe use it to help me in my flight training. The text I'm using for my
flight instruction is "Rod Machado's Private Pilot Handbook." Can anyone
recommend a CD series that will complement this text?

Thanks in advance.

--
Too many spams have forced me to alter my email. If you wish to email me
directly please send messages to pjbphd @ cox dot net

Old October 11th 04, 05:02 AM
G.R. Patterson III

pjbphd wrote:

Can anyone
recommend a CD series that will complement this text?

http://www.rodmachado.com/Product/Au...Audiobook.html

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to have
been looking for it.

Old October 11th 04, 10:23 AM
Cub Driver

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 20:49:27 -0700, "pjbphd"
wrote:

The text I'm using for my
flight instruction is "Rod Machado's Private Pilot Handbook." Can anyone
recommend a CD series that will complement this text

I enjoy Machado's book. It is the only one I can read for more than 15
minutes without falling asleep. However, it is not a complete course,
and it does indeed need to be complemented. I took a ground school
(with a Jeppeson text) and also bought an early version of computer
software.

Now the Kings and Sporty's have pilot-training courses on DVD. I'm not
suggesting you watch video while driving, but the CD player will play
the DVD audio, won't it? If you've seen the video, the audio will
bring it all back. I've done this with a video on back exercises: I
just taped the audio and carried the tape around with me wherever I
traveled.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
Viva Bush! www.vivabush.org

Old October 11th 04, 02:57 PM
pjbphd

DUH!!!! Thanks for the obvious link. I should have gone there first.
However, my paperback version of the book advertises some other DVDs and CDs
but not this one. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Thanks again.

pjb

Old October 11th 04, 05:44 PM
Gary G

I'm glad you asked that.
I drive about 10 hours a week commuting!
Good question.
Old October 11th 04, 05:44 PM
Gary G