Central Kansas Soaring Museum (was: Instruments)

Old August 3rd 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard

Default Central Kansas Soaring Museum (was: Instruments)

When am I openning my museum? Why, it is open now!
Interactive, too. Stop on by Sunflower Gliderport
(Identifier, SN76). Let the curator (me) know you
are coming, and you can be involved in getting out
and assembling a sailplane. This way, you get the
true experience of the plane. But once you are done
looking at it, like any other grouping of toys and
children, you must put the toys away. Who knows.
You may even get to fly something...

I do have a couple of remote sites, so to see the complete
collection may require a few days and some extended
travel.

I have two that don't yet show up on the FAA Registry.
One is Old Dog Walters' old Ka-8. The other is one
of the earliest glass Frankengliders.

Stop in to Moriarty and see the SW Soaring Museum (and
my 17-15-17 meter Kestrel). It is relatively young
for a museum, they would love to have you stop in,
and I am sure would welcome suggestions as to what
you would like to see. They have plans for adding
some more interesting displays. And while you are
there, stop in and fly with the ABQ Group and Sundance
Aviation. The soaring can be spectacular.

Steve Leonard

Old August 3rd 07, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ralph Jones[_2_]

On 3 Aug 2007 12:24:38 GMT, Steve Leonard
wrote:

When am I openning my museum? Why, it is open now!
Interactive, too. Stop on by Sunflower Gliderport
(Identifier, SN76). Let the curator (me) know you
are coming, and you can be involved in getting out
and assembling a sailplane.

I'll be by as soon as I'm through whitewashing this fence, Tom...;-)

rj
Old August 4th 07, 05:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc Ramsey[_2_]

Steve Leonard wrote:
When am I openning my museum? Why, it is open now!
Interactive, too. Stop on by Sunflower Gliderport
(Identifier, SN76). Let the curator (me) know you
are coming, and you can be involved in getting out
and assembling a sailplane. This way, you get the
true experience of the plane. But once you are done
looking at it, like any other grouping of toys and
children, you must put the toys away. Who knows.
You may even get to fly something...

It is mighty generous of you to offer to let us drool over your
collection. For those who don't know, Steve has a variety of cool
gliders from the 60s and 70s, including an HP-14, BS-1, 604, and ASK-14.
The sorts of gliders I'd admire in the centerfold of Soaring while I
was in high school, when I probably should have been looking at Playboy...

Marc