Cat in plane

Old November 7th 05, 05:14 AM
soxinbox

Default Cat in plane

Has any got any experience with taking a cat in an airplane. Do they freak
out from the loud noise. Do they have problems with the change in altitude?

Old November 7th 05, 06:12 AM
Drew Dalgleish

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 05:14:39 GMT, "soxinbox" wrote:

Has any got any experience with taking a cat in an airplane. Do they freak
out from the loud noise. Do they have problems with the change in altitude?

mine used to barf after exactly 20 min. never fly more than 19 min
with a cat in your plane.
Old November 7th 05, 12:54 PM
xyzzy

soxinbox wrote:

Has any got any experience with taking a cat in an airplane. Do they freak
out from the loud noise. Do they have problems with the change in altitude?

I once flew four cats, in carriers, in a Warrior at about 5000 feet for
an hour and a half flight. Three were in the baggage compartment and
one was in the back seat.

They flew fine. No vomiting and very little noise from them. They had
no adverse effects after the flight. Of course it was also a pretty
smooth night flight. The story might have been different if it was
turbulent.

It's probably like dogs or children or spouses or any other passenger:
it depends on the personality of the cat.

--
"You can support the troops but not the president"
--Representative Tom Delay (R-TX), during the Kosovo war.

Old November 7th 05, 01:58 PM
Grumman 236

The hair will compromise many of the critical systems in the plane. I
would only fly with one if it was put in a large zip-lock bag for the
duration of the flight:)

Old November 7th 05, 03:13 PM
Walter Kronester

Default Cat in plane slightly OT

Cat as the only passenger of an airline flight!

A report in several European Newspapers today:
"Czech Airlines (CSA) said Friday it had to cancel a regular flight from
Frankfurt to Prague on Thursday morning after technicians had failed
to catch a cat that got lost in the cargo space of the plane. CSA
spokeswoman Jitka Novotna said the scared animal had hidden
somewhere in the plane after technicians had been trying
to catch it with little success for several hours. A substitute crew
arrived from Prague to pick up the plane at the Frankfurt airport
and, with the cat as the only passenger, flew to Prague in the end,
said Novotna. Czech technicians finally managed to catch the cat
and handed it over to vets."
From the Prague Daily Monitor
--
regards Walter

Old November 7th 05, 03:55 PM
Maule Driver

I interviewed my cat once, he said, "put me in a box, I don't want to
see anything. Don't hold me, feed me, or show me anything. I just want
it to be over with and I'd prefer if it were a round trip so I can spit
up hairballs in all the usual places. Thank you"

Old November 7th 05, 05:37 PM
Paul kgyy

Ours hates just riding in a car.

I'd be inclined to use a carrier, maybe covered with something that
will keep it dark but breathable.

Old November 7th 05, 08:47 PM
john smith

In article ,
"soxinbox" wrote:

Has any got any experience with taking a cat in an airplane. Do they freak
out from the loud noise. Do they have problems with the change in altitude?

I believe it was Bax that wrote of the cat and duck method of instrument
flying.
Old November 7th 05, 09:17 PM
Ben Hallert

I believe it was Bax that wrote of the cat and duck method of instrument
flying.

Let me guess, the cat provides artificial horizon (as the cat will
always be oriented feet down for landing) and the duck would provide
compass inputs?

Ben Hallert
PP-ASEL

Old November 7th 05, 10:27 PM
Jimmy B.

Drew Dalgleish wrote:
On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 05:14:39 GMT, "soxinbox" wrote:

Has any got any experience with taking a cat in an airplane. Do they freak
out from the loud noise. Do they have problems with the change in altitude?

mine used to barf after exactly 20 min. never fly more than 19 min
with a cat in your plane.

I can hear it now:

"Tower, request priority handling for approach."

"What's the nature of your problem?"

"My cat's getting ready to barf."

"Roger, number one to land."

:-)