Precless

Old February 22nd 04, 06:04 PM
BTIZ

you forget.. now weapons were dropped on the run described

BT

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 18:09:38 -0600, Big John wrote:

[story of invaders in foreign country messing around with civilians etc

snipped]

Cost of gas for that: Probably $50,000

what about a death toll? maybe they hit 5 families? collateral damage? for
sure ...

Hearing damage: For certain

*big applaus* - oh how proud one must be of people showing off different
methods of killing people. do you want me to kill them subsonic or
supersonic?

Bunch of ragheads thinking twice about shooting at us: Priceless

you forgot:
demonstration of american reckless behaviour in foreign countries: as

usual

#m

--
http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=19990509

Old February 22nd 04, 06:21 PM
Big John

First, my apologies for misspelling "Priceless". Late at night with
'puddle' fingers and not running spell checker ( Thank all for not
commenting G

Some comments on the low altitude high speed pass.

1. Just like the groups that go to Air Shows to see aircraft on the
ground and in the air, AF ground support troops and Army troops who
benefit from CAS like to see the equipment flying close up. A high
speed pass at low altitude is and has been a method of showing off for
those individuals. A supersonic low altitude pass is an EVENT.

2. For the aircrew, orbiting for hours waiting for a call to action is
very boring and a pass breaks the monotony of the waiting mission.
Also most pilots (even GA) like to show off their 'equipment' .
Oshkosh, photo's on Internet, Sun-an-fun, etc. For the B-1, its the
only flying supersonic bomber.

3. For those who are not familiar with supersonic flight.

a. At high subsonic and supersonic speed you don't hear the
aircraft coming.

b. The shock wave does not hit the ground until the aircraft
has PASSED the point where you are standing.

4. Any 'bad guys' in the vicinity would be awakened the same as if a
500 lb'er were dropped next door. Any structures under the flight path
would/could suffer damage (good deal in Indian country)

5. All in all, low altitude high speeds passes at night might be a
good way to harass the enemy )

6. Just remember VN. We're in this War to win.

Big John

For you Michael

Don't want to get into the European 'mind set'. So many of you have
forgotten the blood and money we spent so you can sit at your sidewalk
table and drink Schnapps and beer and Monday morning quarterback the
game.

Who are you going to call on when they drive a car bomb up next to you
and set it off?

Americans can take valid criticism but to belittle us hits a deeper
nerve. Don't poke the bear, as we say. here in Texas.

BJ

Old February 22nd 04, 06:51 PM
Martin Hotze

On 22 Feb 2004 08:48:28 -0800, Bob Fry wrote:

see, he was near the WTC on 9/11. So I, a California native and
resident, personally know someone greatly affected by 9/11.

there sure are many americans (and non americans alike) affected by this
tragic event.

Another acquaintance from my small town, a baker, was compelled to
bake some goodies, fly back to NYC during the cleanup, and hand them
out to the workers, all at his own expense.

yes, I read about similar stories during that time - short after 9/11.

Probably most Americans have similar stories. I remember seeing the
pictures and videos of people jumping from the towers, and thinking to
myself, this could have been me: one moment, you're starting work, cup
of coffee in hand, yakking with your work buddies--an hour later
you're deciding that suicide by jumping is preferable to being burned
alive.

I've seen it, too. (Only - or better: I am glad that it was *only* and not
direct in NY) live on TV.

I also remember news pictures and stories of Palestinians laughing and
celebrating,

this event you are referring to was pointed out of being setup for
television. But for sure there have been many happy about the 9/11 attacks.
There is _no_ excuse for anybody being happy about the forceful death of
somebody else.

of OBL snickering and smiling at his handiwork. So cut
us some slack if we enjoy an occasional moment ourselves. That
doesn't make any of it right. It just makes us human, after all.

OK - seing it in the whole context makes it at least understandable - as
you put it: human.

regards, #m

--
http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=19990509
Old February 22nd 04, 06:53 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 10:04:05 -0800, BTIZ wrote:

you forget.. now weapons were dropped on the run described

OK, I got it in the wrong context with the supersonic flight and I excuse
for pointing out a death toll.

but the rest remains as is.

#m

--
http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=19990509
Old February 22nd 04, 07:39 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 12:21:20 -0600, Big John wrote:

Don't want to get into the European 'mind set'. So many of you have
forgotten the blood and money we spent

how long will you bring this into account? I was born 30 years after the
war (WWII) *ended*. As I wrote befo you (the allies) did a great job and
I am thankful. But it is too long ago to still pay for it.
I say thank you - nothing more, but nothing less.

BJ

martin

--
http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=19990509
Old February 22nd 04, 08:06 PM
Jay Honeck

6. Just remember VN. We're in this War to win.

This is a lesson that must not be forgotten.

Too many young people don't seem to understand that war must be waged
completely and decisively. Viet Nam taught us that pussy-footing around in
a war gets MORE people killed, not less.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 22nd 04, 08:41 PM
BTIZ

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 12:21:20 -0600, Big John wrote:

Don't want to get into the European 'mind set'. So many of you have
forgotten the blood and money we spent

how long will you bring this into account? I was born 30 years after the
war (WWII) *ended*. As I wrote befo you (the allies) did a great job

and
I am thankful. But it is too long ago to still pay for it.
I say thank you - nothing more, but nothing less.

the problem Martin... is that many of your age don't appreciate what our
fathers and grandfathers did in Europe and in the South Pacific.. and we
hear the same rhetoric all the time.

BT

Old February 23rd 04, 03:44 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"John T" wrote in message
ws.com...
"Bob Noel" wrote in message

perhaps, but it didn't take long for the anti-americans to demonstrate
their hatred.

Google for "martin hotze" and you'll see that he has quite a history of
anti-American posts. Why bother feeding his trolling posts?

Especially clueless trolls.

Rule #1 of parenting: All tantrums must be ignored, whether the subject of
said tantrum is three or fifty-three.

Old February 23rd 04, 03:45 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Big John" wrote in message
First, my apologies for misspelling "Priceless". Late at night with
'puddle' fingers and not running spell checker ( Thank all for not
commenting G

I thought it had something to do with before a "cless".

Old February 23rd 04, 03:50 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
6. Just remember VN. We're in this War to win.

This is a lesson that must not be forgotten.

Too many young people don't seem to understand that war must be waged
completely and decisively. Viet Nam taught us that pussy-footing around

in
a war gets MORE people killed, not less.

If Korea didn't teach that lesson, and Vietnam and all the lessons since
didn't teach it, why should this instance?

"It is fatal to enter into any war without the will to win it" -- General of
the Army Douglas MacArthur, July 7, 1952; Address to the Republican National
Convention