Landing without flaps

Old March 3rd 08, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Landing without flaps

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Owner wrote:
"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in message

@s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com
On Mar 2, 2:01 pm, Dudley Henriques wrote:
Ken S. Tucker wrote:
On Mar 2, 6:29 am, Dudley Henriques wrote:
Ken S. Tucker wrote:
On Feb 27, 2:12 pm, Dudley Henriques wrote:
Wiggle the ailerons huh? Sounds like a Ken Tucker original
technique to
me :-))
You should ask a naval aviator that question,
I think that's SOP for those guys.
It would be an "oscillating slip", slip left then
right then left... etc...to blow off altitude.
If you think it through, it may safer than a fixed slip,
set left or right as you fella's have been discussing.
Recall the issue of fuel loading in left and right fuel
tanks for one thing.
Well if you do a lot uncoordinated banking turns
(which is another name for a slip) you can fill up
one tank more than the other, and have the A/C
balance distorted, so that one wing is loaded
more than the other, rendering asymmetrical
stall.
Ken
Thanks for the chuckle Ken. :-)))
Dudley Henriques
My pleasure Dud, it's something REAL pilots know,
about. I've been listening to your spew about slips
without interrupting you, hoping you'd mention fuel
evidentally you're unaware of that ... that figures.
What you FAILED to mention is a long one-sided
slip on final, as opposed to crab, if your problem
is x-wind, will drain one wing tank into the other.
**Dud** has one demerit point and will now be
addressed as *dud* :-/. It will be my pleasure
to hear something intelligent from *dud* to give
him back his 2 star rating.
Now let's discuss fuel balancing as it relates to
uncoordinated turns and slips. If I made a mistake
to bring up the subject I'll take a demerit.
Ken
Everyone PLEASE.....Support mental health :-)
Dudley Henriques
Say *dud* my best flight instructor knows that
doing uncoordinated banks and/or slips spills
fuel from one wing tank to the other, is that true
for a Cessna 152 for example?
Does that affect the A/C balance?
((BTW, if we get one more sarcastic remark from
you, we'll demote you to 'dud', )).
*****Ken*****

Dudley, I have just shot off a rather large check in support of
mental health, as this has definately been proof that help is needed!

The guy is amazing isn't he? :-)) I think he gets some kind of "kick"
out of pretending the people he posts to actually need to know what he
has to say. He picks them carefully I've noticed. He likes Bertie and
me especially since we both fly or have flown professionally. It seems
the more his "target" knows, the more "kick" he gets out of
"lecturing" them. Half of his stuff is just garbage. The other half is
copied from Wikipedia. He claims Mensa, and I happen to know he's not
from my own personal contacts within that organization.
Personally, I think the guy's a mental case, but he's humorous. My
wife thinks he's a hoot. She prints out some of his more colorful crap
and shows it to her friends :-))

Oh he's givne up on me altogether. A common occurence with my kooks.I
guess I'm a bit heavy handed with some of them, but it is for their own
good.

I'm thining of putting in for a Golden Kilfile award, but I'm not
allowed to nominate myself.

Bertie

He says he's kill filed you, then he answers you saying he's kill filed
you. I mean, how damn brilliant can one guy be? :-))

--
Dudley Henriques
Old March 3rd 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Ken S. Tucker wrote:
[...]

Really. Most of 'em do that though. The marginally brighter kooks claim
that they only see my posts through replies to them...

God I love usenet.

Bertie

Old March 3rd 08, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Ken S. Tucker wrote:
[...]

It is a hoot sometimes isn't it? :-))

--
Dudley Henriques
Old March 3rd 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Dudley Henriques wrote in news:x-idncL4fIv--
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

wrote:
Ken S. Tucker wrote:
[...]

el, outside of visiting a looney bin where else you gonna see all this?

Bertie
Old March 3rd 08, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in news:x-idncL4fIv--
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

wrote:
Ken S. Tucker wrote:
[...]

You mean this ISN'T a loony bin? :-)))))))))))))))))

--
Dudley Henriques
Old March 3rd 08, 03:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in news:x-idncL4fIv--
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

wrote:
Ken S. Tucker wrote:
[...]

Well, there's no restraints. No physical ones anyway.

Bertie
Old March 3rd 08, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in news:x-idncL4fIv--
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

wrote:
Ken S. Tucker wrote:
[...]

If Usenet represents man's ultimate attempt at meaningful communication,
no wonder the world is in such crappy shape. :-)

--
Dudley Henriques
Old March 3rd 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Well, there's no restraints. No physical ones anyway.

Bertie

If Usenet represents man's ultimate attempt at meaningful communication,
no wonder the world is in such crappy shape. :-)

Well, it si educational, you gotta give it that.

Bertie
Old March 3rd 08, 04:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Well, there's no restraints. No physical ones anyway.

Bertie

If Usenet represents man's ultimate attempt at meaningful communication,
no wonder the world is in such crappy shape. :-)

Well, it si educational, you gotta give it that.

Bertie

:-))

--
Dudley Henriques
Old March 3rd 08, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
buttman

On Mar 2, 9:11 pm, Dudley Henriques wrote:
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Well, there's no restraints. No physical ones anyway.

Bertie
If Usenet represents man's ultimate attempt at meaningful communication,
no wonder the world is in such crappy shape. :-)

Well, it si educational, you gotta give it that.

Bertie

:-))

--
Dudley Henriques

In the future, if you two rub buds could do your mutual fellating in
private email, it'd be great.

flaps again Kobra Piloting 107 January 5th 08 04:31 PM
flaps again Kobra Owning 84 January 5th 08 04:32 AM
flaps Kobra[_4_] Owning 85 July 16th 07 06:16 PM
Flaps on take-off and landing Mxsmanic Piloting 397 September 22nd 06 09:02 AM
FLAPS skysailor Soaring 36 September 7th 05 05:28 AM