Pretty cool flying day

Old April 17th 05, 01:02 AM
ShawnD2112

Default Pretty cool flying day

Today was a better day than I'd thought it would be when I got up. Weather
was worth going to the airport for so I pitched up there and then flew down
to another little airport to have lunch with a mate of mine. He didn't show
so I fell into conversation with a guy I'd met there last weekend. He and
his buddy were flying their airplanes to another field for lunch and, since
they were both flying empty four-seaters, I blagged a ride. Hadn't planned
on it, just did it spur of the moment. Great fun. One of the airplanes was
a classic Cessna 165 Airmaster and, since I'm a vintage taildragger pilot by
calling, that was just great. I flew down for lunch with him in that one
and back with his mate in his airplane.

His mate flies a Staggerwing.

I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!! Pure vintage luxury, that is!

Those are both going into the logbook, even if all I had was about 2 minutes
stick time. :-)

Sometimes life just hands you a freebie. Just thought I'd share that with
you all because I know there're one or two people here who'd appreciate it.

Shawn

Old April 17th 05, 01:40 AM
Robert A. Barker

"ShawnD2112" wrote in message
. uk...
[...]

Shawn: A staggerwing!!!!!!!One of my favorite planes

and I have never had a ride in one. I am green with envy.

Bob Barker N8749S

Old April 17th 05, 09:14 AM
ShawnD2112

Yeah, the Staggerwing's always been high on my list of "most beautiful
airplanes ever" but I was really pleased because it's always been my Dad's
favorite airplane of all and I knew he'd be pleased I got the chance to fly
one.

And it was every bit as nice as you'd imagine. Of course, I didn't pay the
fuel and oil bill, so that may be why!

Shawn