Need help moving glider

Old July 22nd 15, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Need help moving glider

Hello,
I was wondering if someone could help me with a question about glider transportation. I am buying a glider in the SE and will need to get it home to Minnesota. If anyone has a list of people who are able to do this, or yourself please send it to me.
Thanks
Mike

Old July 22nd 15, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

I arranged towing a glider with uShip.

Make very sure the tires are good. In the
last two years, I've seen two recently
purchased trailers blow tires and mangle
fenders.

Old July 22nd 15, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

UShip.com

3 succesful glider shipments cross country at very reasonable rates. Easy enough to figure out who had a solid record from the feedback.
Old July 23rd 15, 12:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, July 22, 2015 at 10:17:00 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hello,
I was wondering if someone could help me with a question about glider transportation. I am buying a glider in the SE and will need to get it home to Minnesota. If anyone has a list of people who are able to do this, or yourself please send it to me.
Thanks
Mike

My bid is in for the transportation, that was a very good tip, thank you. I even uploaded a picture of the trailer. I'll post how/if this works out.
Old July 23rd 15, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

A couple additional tips for uship

If you don't get the price you want or the right vibe with the driver initially just let the bid expire and place it again.

Usually you can score a great price if you are willing to wait as someone will already be traveling towards you to deliver a load and are willing to accept any price to simply hook your trailer up for their return back home.

Make sure you communicate and get the good vibe before you agree to the ship. A good driver will have experience with solving problems like a tire failure. (He gets it fixed and bills you upon arrival) etc.

Old February 15th 17, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, July 22, 2015 at 8:17:00 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Hello,
I was wondering if someone could help me with a question about glider transportation. I am buying a glider in the SE and will need to get it home to Minnesota. If anyone has a list of people who are able to do this, or yourself please send it to me.
Thanks
Mike

I realise this is an old thread, but suspect the need is always present. I met a guy in Minden NV who offers a glider towing service. He is Dennis Johnson (775) 392-1714 or (775) 848-6775.