Dan Rather forges ahead

Old September 12th 04, 05:42 PM
Bob Coe

"Ed Rasimus" wrote

And, does anyone remember how you centered a heading with a
typewriter?

You counted the letters in the line to be typed, then centered the
roller and backspaced half the number of letters before starting to
type.

Can you imagine a commander typing himself an MFR going through that
sort of centered heading drill?

Yes, yes!

When I first saw the memo's, I thought maybe the Guard couldn't
afford letterhead. Didn't the Guard have letterhead back then?

Someone called it "Rathergate" and I thought this was pretty funny, since
CBS attaches -gate to just about everything political.

Old September 12th 04, 08:03 PM
Chad Irby

In article P%_0d.24205$ni.4337@okepread01, "Bob Coe"
wrote:

Someone called it "Rathergate" and I thought this was pretty funny, since
CBS attaches -gate to just about everything political.

A lot of folks are putting it online with the "th" superscripted, sorta
like "Ra^th^ergate."

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old September 12th 04, 10:30 PM
Jim Yanik

Chad Irby wrote in
:

wrote:

Someone called it "Rathergate" and I thought this was pretty funny,
since CBS attaches -gate to just about everything political.

A lot of folks are putting it online with the "th" superscripted,
sorta like "Ra^th^ergate."

Here's a good read about all this;
http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/Rea...e.asp?ID=14993

Ben Barnes is a DemocRATic co-chairman of Kerry's campaign.

Seems ol'Dan participated in a DemocRATic fundraiser while a CBS anchor.
(so much for impartiality)
(or credibility)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net
Old September 13th 04, 12:42 AM
BUFDRVR

Tom Cervo wrote:

Come off it, Dan, anyone who used a typewriter knew the trick of lifting the
roller a smidge (or lowering it) for sub (or super) script. You must not have
ever typed footnotes.

The issue isn't the raised "th", but the fact that the "th" is written in a
smaller font as well.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old September 13th 04, 12:44 AM
ArtKramr

Subject: Dan Rather forges ahead
From: Jim Yanik
Date: 9/12/2004 2:30 PM Pacific Standard Time
Chad Irby wrote in
m:

wrote:

Someone called it "Rathergate" and I thought this was pretty funny,
since CBS attaches -gate to just about everything political.

A lot of folks are putting it online with the "th" superscripted,
sorta like "Ra^th^ergate."

Here's a good read about all this;
http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/Rea...e.asp?ID=14993

Ben Barnes is a DemocRATic co-chairman of Kerry's campaign.

Seems ol'Dan participated in a DemocRATic fundraiser while a CBS anchor.
(so much for impartiality)
(or credibility)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net

Typical Neocon logic. No logic.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old September 13th 04, 01:01 AM
B2431

From: (ArtKramr)
Date: 9/12/2004 6:44 PM Central Daylight Time
From: Jim Yanik

Date: 9/12/2004 2:30 PM Pacific Standard Time
Chad Irby wrote in
om:

wrote:

Someone called it "Rathergate" and I thought this was pretty funny,
since CBS attaches -gate to just about everything political.

A lot of folks are putting it online with the "th" superscripted,
sorta like "Ra^th^ergate."

Here's a good read about all this;
http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/Rea...e.asp?ID=14993

Ben Barnes is a DemocRATic co-chairman of Kerry's campaign.

Seems ol'Dan participated in a DemocRATic fundraiser while a CBS anchor.
(so much for impartiality)
(or credibility)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net

Typical Neocon logic. No logic.

Arthur Kramer

A typical non answer from someone who refuses to respond to questions, who
disrespects himself and others, who behaves as a child and breaks his promises.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Old September 13th 04, 01:15 AM
ArtKramr

typical non answer from someone who refuses to respond to questions, who
disrespects himself and others, who behaves as a child and breaks his
promises.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

What did you say you did in the Air Force?