Cracked canopy

Old January 7th 15, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
TravisBrown73[_2_]

Default Cracked canopy

I'll give a nod to Todd's Canopies.
In the 2007 timeframe, his charge was incredibly reasonable for a custom blown, all-he-had-was-a-framerail, canopy with a nice tint.

As far as tangencies; the canopy on my SZD-52-2 is ~72 inches long and extremely flat at the joins to the body. It took Todd two tries he said, but he was happy w/ the result, and I am too.

Shipping was extra, and reasonable for the size of the crate.
You cut the blank out of the stock and trim to install what he sends back in the container. Now... that is a terrible job. It takes a lot of careful work to trim and install a canopy.
~Travis N4067U
Old March 5th 17, 12:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Giaco

Bumping this old thread, as it seems both the recommended sources are no longer available. What Options to people know of for replacement canopies?
Chris
Old March 5th 17, 01:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, 30 December 2014 20:43:05 UTC-5, Sire64 wrote:
Just joined the forum today! I have a LAK-12 with a cracked canopy.
Other than going to the factory has anyone (or know of) someone who can
make a replacement canopy? I have research this with no luck. This is a
great site! Thanks.

--
Sire64

Try Airplane Plastics in Tipp City Ohio

DG-505 cracked canopy repair haven Soaring 3 June 12th 08 03:24 PM
Damaged/Cracked cylinder av8tr Owning 9 January 11th 07 04:04 PM
Cracked ribs Jack Allison Piloting 17 April 1st 06 09:14 AM
Cracked ribs Jack Allison Owning 6 April 1st 06 09:14 AM
Cracked cylinder: Typical cause? Peter R. Owning 19 October 9th 04 04:24 AM