How Far Did You Fly In The Past Year

Old March 5th 17, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default How Far Did You Fly In The Past Year

I've really been enjoying my Stemme since acquiring it (used) last
March. So today I decided to add up my miles/kilometers to see how far
I've flown it. The total OLC distance is as follows:

14,968 nm
27,720 km

I know others have done a lot more, but this was fun for me. Hopefully I
can do more this year!
--
Dan, 5J
Old March 6th 17, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

On Monday, March 6, 2017 at 5:43:01 AM UTC+3, Dan Marotta wrote:
I've really been enjoying my Stemme since acquiring it (used) last
March. So today I decided to add up my miles/kilometers to see how far
I've flown it. The total OLC distance is as follows:

14,968 nm
27,720 km

Sadly, only about 45000 miles, so I didn't quite get to renew "Gold" status Most of that was in A380, about 10 meters behind the cockpit. I'd have happily swapped a bunch of that for Stemme time!
Old March 6th 17, 09:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ross[_3_]

Sadly, only about 45000 miles, so I didn't quite get to renew "Gold" status Most of that was in A380, about 10 meters behind the cockpit. I'd have happily swapped a bunch of that for Stemme time!

10 meters is still first class, so I wouldn't be complaining too much

Old March 6th 17, 09:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

On Monday, March 6, 2017 at 12:19:25 PM UTC+3, Ross wrote:
Sadly, only about 45000 miles, so I didn't quite get to renew "Gold" status Most of that was in A380, about 10 meters behind the cockpit. I'd have happily swapped a bunch of that for Stemme time!

10 meters is still first class, so I wouldn't be complaining too much

Not on the bottom floor it's not.

Though I manage to get pretty decent sleep even in the economy class seats on Emirates A380 on those 16 - 17 hour flights between Auckland and Dubai.
Old March 6th 17, 10:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

So, Bruce-

Does Economy Class in the basement of the A-380 qualify as "Steerage" or "Ballast?"
Old March 6th 17, 10:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

On Monday, March 6, 2017 at 1:13:27 PM UTC+3, wrote:
So, Bruce-

Does Economy Class in the basement of the A-380 qualify as "Steerage" or "Ballast?"

Yes.
Old March 6th 17, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Monday, March 6, 2017 at 2:33:13 AM UTC-8, Bruce Hoult wrote:
On Monday, March 6, 2017 at 1:13:27 PM UTC+3, wrote:
So, Bruce-

Does Economy Class in the basement of the A-380 qualify as "Steerage" or "Ballast?"

Yes.

Like Bruce, most of my flying was a few meters (or more) behind the driver. A couple of flights were in front of the driver which is an available feature on B747. (and using a pile of frequent flyer miles)
Only managed 105,000 miles last year though. The previous decade's average was higher.
Jim

Old March 6th 17, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Monday, March 6, 2017 at 11:58:56 AM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
Uhh.... Didn't anybody fly a glider?

Sure, but now you've gone and asked them to count and confused them.

I only managed 8,589 sm...

See ya, Dave