Sky High Av gas **** you off?

Old June 2nd 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jon

Default Sky High Av gas **** you off?

On Jun 2, 1:55 pm, wrote:
SOS wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Jun 2, 6:36 am, SOS wrote:

[Bobbit-ized]
In between rants, look up the terms "light sweet crude", "OPEC", and
"EPA".

But there's only 24 hours in a day... where WILL he find the time?

Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Old June 2nd 08, 08:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 14:50:55 -0400, "Birdog" wrote in
:

Being stupid is a good alternative if you don't want to bother to actually
learn the facts. As is being an environmentalist.

Catering to environmentalists may be more financially rewarding than
it is political. I look for photo voltaics to be the next dot-com
investment vogue. It sure seems to be working for this enterprising
fellow:

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2006...as_richest.php
China’s Richest Man: A Solar Magnate
by Alex Pasternack, Beijing, China on 11.14.06
Last month, we reported that China’s (and the world’s) richest
woman built her wealth on recycling. In another sign of the
country’s shift from red to green, its wealthiest man (by some
estimates) is making a windfall on solar energy. While Shi
Zhengrong, the founder and CEO of Wuxi-based Suntech Power, is
known as the richest man on the mainland or just China’s
wealthiest energy magnate, his Australian citizenship means he
cannot hold the title of the richest Chinese man according to
Forbes (that just went to Huang Guangyu, an electronics
entrepreneur). But that's a technicality, and who’s counting
anyway?

What counts more are the waves Shi’s making in China. Since 2005,
when Shi’s Suntech became the first hi-tech Chinese company to
make an initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange, on
the strength of his business savvy and commitment to innovation,
the company’s revenue has zoomed to $226 million last year from
just $14 million in 2003 (it’s made $218 million so far this
year). These days, analysts count Suntech as one of the world’s
top ten producers of photo-voltaic (PV) cells, with a new U.S.
subsidiary and a dramatic cost advantage: its high-efficiency
solar modules go for $3.78 a watt, well below the average global
market price of $4.30. Shi’s story is a nice healthy reminder for
China and everyone else of the link between green innovation and
green backs, and proof of how fast solar energy is bounding out
from the fringes and into the sunlight.

Currently, most of Suntech’s solar cells are sent to the global
solar market, where demand has reached 5 gigawatts (the world can
only supply enough silicon to supply between 2.2 and 2.4 gigawatts
currently). But Suntech is making over half of China’s solar
panels, which are sometimes the only feasible energy option ...

http://www.suntech-power.com/
http://www.suntech-power.com/product...rystalline.php
http://www.suntech-power.com/product...erformance.php
Cost Performance

On average around the world, sunlight delivers a barrel of oil of
energy on every square meter of land every year. At $100 a barrel,
a 100m2 roof is receiving $10,000/yr of energy - a quarter of a
million dollars over 25 years. With photovoltaic systems we can
convert up to 20% of this raw energy directly into electricity.
Unlike traditional power sources whose economics depends on the
ever changing price of fuel, solar energy systems come with a 25
year guaranteed free fuel supply direct from the Sun. While
electricity prices are increasing all around the world, once you
have invested in a solar system you will have little or no
additional costs to pay.

Our building integrated (BIPV) modules are unique building
materials that generate revenue. When compared to other high
quality glazing and cladding materials, a BIPV system is extremely
reasonable. Many other glazing options can be comparable in cost,
while materials such as granite and marble are more expensive (and
produce no income stream!).

Old June 2nd 08, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

NW_Pilot wrote:
Bush already slipped he and now the news refers to.... Our Centeral Bank?

Centeral Banks are Bad!!!

The Fed has always been considered a "Central Bank" and there is nothing
bad about them. They are pretty much required in any economy large
enough to matter.
Old June 2nd 08, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

NW_Pilot wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
On Jun 2, 10:31 am, SOS wrote:

I can't see how shipping a product 8000 miles is better than
shipping that same product 300 miles. I just don't get it.
Tell me? How many choices do your REALLY have for gas and
energy??

A little knowledge is dangerous apparently. A couple things you are
not considering. First, the price for oil today is affected by the
futures contracts that are outstanding on it. Second, oil is not oil.
There are lots of different types of oil, some is better for different
types of gas. Yes, OPEC does affect the price (which sucks) but they
don't have total control in the world market. No oil company in the US
is rich enough to affect the price of gas, they are price takers, not
price setter. I have no idea what you mean by bringing Bush into this.
The President does not set the price of oil or gas contracts.

-Robert

But can sure help make his friends in the middle east money by restricting
production, refining, and alternatives! Refer to the 80's with the synthetic
fuel exploration and experimentation caused large drop in price.

The problems is we have no more refining capacity now than we did in the
80's.
Old June 2nd 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

NW_Pilot wrote:

But can sure help make his friends in the middle east money by restricting
production, refining, and alternatives! Refer to the 80's with the synthetic
fuel exploration and experimentation caused large drop in price.

Well, other than US consumption is a minor factor in the world price,
refining has nothing to do with the price of crude and alternatives
for crude oil are non-existant, sure.

How you explore for synthetic fuel? Break into someone's lab at night?

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old June 2nd 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 14:50:55 -0400, "Birdog" wrote in
:

Being stupid is a good alternative if you don't want to bother to actually
learn the facts. As is being an environmentalist.

Catering to environmentalists may be more financially rewarding than
it is political. I look for photo voltaics to be the next dot-com
investment vogue.

It is only financially rewarding because it was made politically correct
to be an environmentalist.

"next dot-com investment vogue" you may be right but a lot of folks lost
a lot of money when that bubble burst.
Old June 2nd 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Larry Dighera wrote:

On average around the world, sunlight delivers a barrel of oil of
energy on every square meter of land every year. At $100 a barrel,
a 100m2 roof is receiving $10,000/yr of energy - a quarter of a
million dollars over 25 years. With photovoltaic systems we can
convert up to 20% of this raw energy directly into electricity.

Electricity has little to nothing to do with oil.

This is just apples and oranges arm waving.

The other minor problem no one cares to address is that contrary to
what most people think, peak electricity demand is typically after
sundown.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old June 2nd 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

wrote in message
Larry Dighera wrote:

On average around the world, sunlight delivers a barrel of oil of
energy on every square meter of land every year. At $100 a barrel,
a 100m2 roof is receiving $10,000/yr of energy - a quarter of a
million dollars over 25 years. With photovoltaic systems we can
convert up to 20% of this raw energy directly into electricity.

Electricity has little to nothing to do with oil.

But it could.

Homes can be heated with electricity.

Vehicles can be propelled with electricity (including GA aircraft - check
Boeing's recent announcement)

I don't know what size battery is required to hold enough energy to heat a
home all winter, but I know they're getting smaller. The Helios used a
hydrogen fuel cell to store electricity for night flight. The photo cells
powered electrolysis to separate Hydrogen from Water during the day. At
night, they passed the Hydrogen through a fuel cell membrane to generate
electricity.

Old June 2nd 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 15:09:25 -0500, Gig 601Xl Builder
wrote in
:

Larry Dighera wrote:

Catering to environmentalists may be more financially rewarding than
it is political. I look for photo voltaics to be the next dot-com
investment vogue.

It is only financially rewarding because it was made politically correct
to be an environmentalist.

Perhaps. But with the current record market prices for crude oil, you
can bet photo voltaics will become a lot more popular and attractive
to the general public as solar electricity becomes more competitive
with coal/natural gas/oil. While that won't directly relieve the
financial burden on pilots, in the long run it could reduce our
nation's dependency on petroleum based energy. That's got to be a
good thing for US independence from the whims of foreign nations as
well as being more environmentally friendly.

"next dot-com investment vogue" you may be right but a lot of folks lost
a lot of money when that bubble burst.

Doesn't that usually occur at the end of most of these popular
investment cycles?

Personally, I don't see the demand for energy slacking any time soon,
so I foresee a much longer investment cycle in the solar and wind
power marketplace.
Old June 2nd 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
SOS[_3_]

wrote:
SOS wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Jun 2, 6:36 am, SOS wrote:
"The Saudi Sycophants"

Not since the Vanderbilt's and Carnegie's and their opulent
robber baron era of the 1800's have "We the People"
been controlled by "We the Few". The oil SCAM being
perpetrated on the American people by the Bush
Administration is the greatest crime we have known in nearly
one hundred years. It may only be surpassed by the Woodrow
Wilson Administration and his freedom robbing scam called
the Federal reserve along with it's evil spawn the IRS.
Some of these statements would seem pretty compelling. Unfortunately I
have a masters degree in finance so I know better. It?s amazing how an
education in economics and finance can affect one's political
leanings. Its probably why schools try to avoid teaching economics to
high school students. It creates too many Republicans.

-Robert

If you can justify High Oil, the IRS and the Federal Reserve
with your finance degree then I am all ears.

It is all a SCAM. Supply side economics which I am sure you
will speak of is crap.

If that was the case then the oil right here in America
would be pumped not shipped half way around the world
out of the middle east.

I can't see how shipping a product 8000 miles is better than
shipping that same product 300 miles. I just don't get it.
Tell me? How many choices do your REALLY have for gas and
energy??

Does the word MONOPOLY ring a bell????

In between rants, look up the terms "light sweet crude", "OPEC", and
"EPA".

Democrats(EPA and the Greenie's) + (Republicans and OPEC and
Big Oil) = SCAM on the American people

The Democrats don't do ****. The Republicans don't do ****
Why? It's a millionaires club and they don't give a ****

Caught in the middle is the vast majority being screwed dry
with no reach around. Wake up you are being F&CKed can't you
feel it??

For that bonehead screaming I am racist

I don't like Obama. I think he is a media clown Marxist
idiot who speaks a good game because most people have been
conditioned to kiss the black ass and they are enamored by
his "Black Dome". It is all a SCAM

Colin Powell is black and light years beyond Obama. But, the
crooks in Washington could not tie strings to Colin and make
him jump.

So,,,,, I guess I am racist. Guess what? I don't give a ****

"The Emperor has no clothes"

If many of you are wondering what this has to do with flying
it has a lot to do with flying. If Obama is elected we will
all be so poor and av gas will be so high private flying
will go extinct. The "Guvment" will have all the money and
they will **** it all away like they always do. (See FAA waste)

Go over to Europe and see how many private planes are
buzzing around the skies. NOT VERY MANY

Like I said. WAKE UP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KACQuZVAE3s

Fix the high cost [Was:] High Cost of Sportplanes Evan Carew Home Built 40 October 8th 05 04:05 AM
High Oil Pressure (was: Low oil pressure, high oil temp?) Thomas Ploch Owning 4 October 5th 04 04:34 AM
1972 piss test . . . so where was dubya ?? Transition Zone Military Aviation 8 September 23rd 04 04:48 AM
High And Low SelwayKid Piloting 5 July 18th 04 04:09 AM
IVO pireps wanted.. high performance/high speed... Dave S Home Built 8 June 2nd 04 04:12 PM