Big Kahunas

Old December 2nd 03, 04:05 AM
Dan Luke

"Judah" wrote:

So his televised announcement to financially reward the families:
of suicide bombers was a message of hatred toward terrorists, then?

It's different now. Terrorists are all Saddam's got. And what makes you
think they're radical Islamists?
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old November 30th 03, 12:44 PM
Martin Hotze

On 29 Nov 2003 08:18:02 -0800, Bob Fry wrote:

And, I'm
sure he is genuinely concerned about the morale of troops in Iraq,
seeing as how many have been picked off after he declared the war

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
over.

^^^^^

this might sound like nitpicking, but there was no such thing. (If that
happened then there must be a release of all POW); he declared the end of
major combats (on his PR-tour on the carrier).

#m

--
http://www.declareyourself.com/fyr_candidates.php
http://www.subterrane.com/bush.shtml
Old November 30th 03, 05:11 PM
Big John

Martin

It's nice to see the thumb uppers out number the thumb downers.

Big John

Old December 1st 03, 06:00 PM
C J Campbell

A little editorial quote from Max Boot in the Wall Street Journal on the
subject:

"The most compelling evidence of the success of President Bush's trip to
Iraq was the reaction of the opposition. No, not the Iraqi opposition -- or
"resistance," as the French have taken to calling it. I mean the American
opposition: the Democrats and the news media.

The former were forced to concede that, as a John Edwards adviser put it,
the visit was a "daring move and great politics." In a pathetic attempt to
find something negative to say, Howard Dean's spokesman sound-bited as
follows: "This visit won't change the fact that those brave men and women
should never have been fighting in Iraq in the first place." Thanks, Howard.
I'm sure the troops appreciate your support."

Old December 1st 03, 06:26 PM
Peter Duniho

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
The former were forced to concede that, as a John Edwards adviser put it,
the visit was a "daring move and great politics."

"Great politics", sure. Obviously it was great politics. Daring? Hardly,
and no one was forced to concede that point.

Funny thing about editorials, even those in the WSJ: just like the Usenet,
you can say pretty much anything you want.

Pete

Old December 2nd 03, 07:57 AM
C J Campbell

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
| "C J Campbell" wrote in message
| The former were forced to concede that, as a John Edwards adviser put
it,
| the visit was a "daring move and great politics."
|
| "Great politics", sure. Obviously it was great politics. Daring?
Hardly,
| and no one was forced to concede that point.
|
| Funny thing about editorials, even those in the WSJ: just like the Usenet,
| you can say pretty much anything you want.

QED. If he does something right, it is just politics. If he does something
you don't like, it is business as usual.

Or perhaps you had not noticed how cynical your post was?

Old December 2nd 03, 09:19 AM
Peter Duniho

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
QED. If he does something right, it is just politics. If he does something
you don't like, it is business as usual.

That's obviously your impression. Suffice to say, it's not shared by all.
In particular, your definition of "something right" is by no means
universal.

Or perhaps you had not noticed how cynical your post was?

Not noticed? It was *intended* to be cynical. I have a very cynical
opinion of political leadership, Bush included.

Pete

Old December 2nd 03, 03:11 PM
C J Campbell

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
| "C J Campbell" wrote in message
| QED. If he does something right, it is just politics. If he does
something
| you don't like, it is business as usual.
|
| That's obviously your impression. Suffice to say, it's not shared by all.
| In particular, your definition of "something right" is by no means
| universal.
|

| Or perhaps you had not noticed how cynical your post was?
|
| Not noticed? It was *intended* to be cynical. I have a very cynical
| opinion of political leadership, Bush included.

Whereas I think sometimes politicians, even Bush, will do something because
they think it is the right thing to do.

Old December 1st 03, 08:39 PM
mike regish

Put pretty concisely and accurately, if you ask me.

But then, you didn't, did you.

I think dubya knows he's in trouble in the polls. If he were not having poll
trouble, he would not have made the trip. If this were his second term, he
would not have made the trip.

mike regish

Old December 1st 03, 10:59 PM
Jay Honeck

I think dubya knows he's in trouble in the polls. If he were not having
poll
trouble, he would not have made the trip. If this were his second term, he
would not have made the trip.

Really? It was just on NPR that if the election were held today, not only
would GW take Florida "cleanly", but he'd win the election nationally.

This poll data puts him against any Democrat currently running.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA