Selling on Ebay

Old May 27th 04, 09:30 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Rosspilot wrote:

Ever read "The Kidnapping of Red Chief"? Jay would go bankrupt. :-)

George, George . . . it's "The RANSOM of Red Chief" . . . by O Henry.
(I just had to do that, sorry)

Well, I read it in high school. There are lots of other details of that period I'm
sure I've forgotten. :-)

George Patterson
None of us is as dumb as all of us.
Old May 27th 04, 09:57 PM
John Harlow

Ebay rocks.

Oh hell yes! Ebay is a seller's dream!

auctionstealer is the buyer's counterpart

Old May 28th 04, 12:57 AM
HECTOP

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
I've bought a lot of stuff on Ebay, but I've never sold before -- until
now.

been selling and buying on Ebay since 2000, have 130 point feedback. Used to
buy King Schools instructional videos for $100, use them to study for
writtens (they're the best!), and sell'em right back at $130 :-) nowadays
Ebay is the first place I turned to when starting my own little shop:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ort=3&since=-1

Hey, this is Ebay thread after all!

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

Old May 28th 04, 04:19 AM
Marty

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
There goes all the neat decor at the "Inn", :-)

Heyyyy... :-)

Nah, most of it's been donated by guests and enthusiasts. Some of it

would
fetch a pretty penny on Ebay, I'm sure -- but we're pretty attached to the
stuff...

(And it's pretty attached to us. To prevent theft, I've used some unique
attachment methods -- some of it may prove impossible to remove!)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

It's amazing what some "guests" think they are "entitled" to, eh Jay?

Old May 28th 04, 04:34 AM
Jay Honeck

It's amazing what some "guests" think they are "entitled" to, eh Jay?

For the most part, we've been glad to find that guests are honest. (And our
pilot-guests have been 100% honest.) When we experience a loss, it's
usually due to damage, not theft.

For example, I'm amazed what some people use our towels for -- you'd swear
they were checking their oil with them.

Pet owners are the worst, though. It's really funny when guests with pets
throw a fit because we must put them into a "smoking permitted,"
non-aviation-theme suite. They honestly don't seem to understand why we
lump smokers and pet-owners into the same category.

One cat can cause a thousand dollars worth of damage quicker than any
smoker, and they will render a suite uninhabitable. For smokers I've got an
ozone machine to remove odors -- but NOTHING will remove cat dander or
urine.

One of these days I'm going to write a post on the lessons we've learned
from running a small inn for almost two years...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 28th 04, 04:36 AM
HECTOP

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
For example, I'm amazed what some people use our towels for

We don't wanna know!

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

Old May 28th 04, 04:40 AM
StellaStar

George 'n Ross riposte...

Ever read "The Kidnapping of Red Chief"? Jay would go bankrupt. :-)

George, George . . . it's "The RANSOM of Red Chief" . . . by O Henry.
(I just had to do that, sorry)

But you'll remember, dear, the point of the story was that the kid kidnapped
was so rotten, the crooks eventually paid a tidy sum to be rid of him. I can
testify that Jay's boy is pleasant enough that he'd require special training to
take part in such a scam...though he'd be smart enough to see the fun in doing
it!
Old May 28th 04, 06:45 AM
Peter Duniho

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
> [...]
[...]
Pet owners are the worst, though. It's really funny when guests with pets
throw a fit because we must put them into a "smoking permitted,"
non-aviation-theme suite. They honestly don't seem to understand why we
lump smokers and pet-owners into the same category.

Just as you for some reason don't seem to understand why pet owners don't
want to be lumped in the same category. A handful of pet allergy suffers
will swear up and down pets are just as bad as cigarette smoke, but there
are thousands of hotels across the country that know different, and we've
stayed at over a hundred of them.

If you really think it's important to keep a room clear for someone who
thinks they'll be allergic to a dog that was in the room before them, keep a
room or two as "no smoking, no dogs". Putting dog owners in smoking rooms
is dumb.

One cat can cause a thousand dollars worth of damage quicker than any
smoker, and they will render a suite uninhabitable. For smokers I've got

an
ozone machine to remove odors -- but NOTHING will remove cat dander or
urine.

Then insist on a suitable deposit. As a dog owner, I can tell you that we'd
happily put down a $1000 refundable damage deposit, as long as we otherwise
get treated equal to any other guest, including not having to stay in a
smoking room. We have accumulated probably close to six months of hotel
time with our dog, and not once has he caused any damage.

Not all pets are trustworthy, but owners need to be held responsible for
damage their pets cause. Don't paint all pet owners with the same brush.
Just make sure the bad owners pay for their mistakes.

I had thought that on our next trip that takes us through Iowa, we'd stop by
Alexis Park Inn, but since you have a "pet owner equals smoker" policy, I
can assure you we'll steer clear.

One of these days I'm going to write a post on the lessons we've learned
from running a small inn for almost two years...

Guess you're still learning.

Pete

Old May 28th 04, 06:47 AM
Marty

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
It's amazing what some "guests" think they are "entitled" to, eh Jay?

For the most part, we've been glad to find that guests are honest. (And

our
pilot-guests have been 100% honest.) When we experience a loss, it's
usually due to damage, not theft.

I had a vac.rental on Lake of the Ozarks and found the same in people.

For example, I'm amazed what some people use our towels for -- you'd swear
they were checking their oil with them.

Pet owners are the worst, though. It's really funny when guests with pets
throw a fit because we must put them into a "smoking permitted,"
non-aviation-theme suite. They honestly don't seem to understand why we
lump smokers and pet-owners into the same category.

I am a smoker but I get non-smoking rooms, can't stand the stench. I also
refrain from smoking in the house,car and of course, airplanes. The work
truck is another story ;-)

One cat can cause a thousand dollars worth of damage quicker than any
smoker, and they will render a suite uninhabitable. For smokers I've got

an
ozone machine to remove odors -- but NOTHING will remove cat dander or
urine.

One of these days I'm going to write a post on the lessons we've learned
from running a small inn for almost two years...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

When work winds down after the 4th, I may just have to stop "Inn" for a
couple nights. My wife and I are planning to travel a few weeks in July &
August. Some flying, some driving and a train trip to the Canyon. Just gotta
get thru the next 40 days & nights :-p
Marty

Old May 28th 04, 12:07 PM
Jay Masino

Jay Honeck wrote:
One of these days I'm going to write a post on the lessons we've learned
from running a small inn for almost two years...

Just don't do it on the rec.aviation newsgroups.

--- Jay

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___