What airport is this?

Old June 4th 14, 12:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default What airport is this?

Please disregard the beautiful gull wing Mercedes in the video. I was thinking Southern California somewhere, but the Texas license plate throws me a loop..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti0a...m1ESMUaZU7IwJg
Old June 4th 14, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill T

The Texas plate does confuse. But looking at the mountains in one direction, open desert in another direction, gliders on airport and some what appeared to be helicopter hulks? But look at the video section with runway 2-20 and 10-28 where 20 and 28 are in the same intersection along taxiway A.

My guess is Inyokern, CA. IYK, but it's just a guess.

BillT
Old June 4th 14, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I was thinking that as well, but last time I was there, although it was 3 years ago, I didn't see any of those helicopters...

come on someone has gotta know.....
Old June 4th 14, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Yes, IYK.
At ~1:00 while racing on the taxiway, the trailers parked beside glider runway 02/20 are visible. Now unoccupied airline terminal and "lines of death" are behind the Sierra Soaring hangar.
Jim
Old June 4th 14, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Robert M

I own a 1966 MB 230SL, Pagoda roof. I need to find a 1966 H-301 Libelle to tow behind it.

Robert Mudd
Old June 4th 14, 04:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter von Tresckow

Robert M wrote:
I own a 1966 MB 230SL, Pagoda roof. I need to find a 1966 H-301 Libelle to tow behind it.

Robert Mudd

That would be one swanky tow car. Would look good with the Mercedes hubcaps
on my 201 trailer ;-)

Pete
Old June 4th 14, 06:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Yep, It's IYK. The white glider is the Sierra Soaring Club's L-23. They often shoot car commercials at Inyokern Airport. Usually on Runway 28 looking towards the Sierra's. In many car advertisements you can see 5-fingers with Owens Peak in the background.
Old June 4th 14, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

On Tuesday, June 3, 2014 9:11:27 PM UTC-4, Robert M wrote:
I own a 1966 MB 230SL, Pagoda roof. I need to find a 1966 H-301 Libelle to tow behind it.

Robert Mudd

If it helps... I was born in 1966. It would certainly add to the authenticity of the whole package if you had a driver and pilot who matched the car and glider. Just sayin'

1966 Glider Pilot (P3)