The Hustler - b58 17.jpg (1/1)

Old March 6th 07, 10:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Steven P. McNicoll

Default The Hustler - b58 17.jpg (1/1)

"Andrew-S" I-Still-Hate-Spammers@Sorry-I had-to-leave-for-bit.com wrote in
message ...

When I went to Tucson a couple of year ago, I was amazed that I didn't any
of these in the Boneyards. There was several aircraft that where a little
older.

Once a design has been retired there's no point in keeping any in the
boneyard.

Old March 7th 07, 12:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
D/A Fischer

Looks like the one that's out in the desert at Edwards behind where the
abandoned fire station is. Can't remember the name of the road, was there a
few times during survival equipment training firing the gyro jets. There's
also a B-52 in the same area.

Old March 7th 07, 06:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

Old March 8th 07, 03:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew-S

How terrible sad...
When I was in Tucson even on the bus tour the eeriness of the place was
striking... Even sadder was the almost cavalier way in which "chunks" of
aircraft where scattered about the scrappers yards... Despite that strange
feeling of sadness that the place seems to evoke I am certainly going to
return to it. Perhaps the next time I will be a little perhaps more daring
and adventurous in my explorations. I definitely would like to do an aerial
photo shoot of the place...

Andrew-S

wrote in :

When I went to Tucson a couple of year ago, I was amazed that I didn't
any of these in the Boneyards. There was several aircraft that where
a little older. But apart from the one at the Pima there wasn't any
B58 Hustlers. I suppose with all that high quality non space age
metal the B58 was a good target for melting and scrapping. As such
the scrappers must have managed to do their evil deeds 20 years
earlier... In fairness the Hustler was from an era when it was more
fashionable to scrap it and melt it than preserve it... Personally it
was always one of my Favorites from that era. To me it always looked
mean and fast, yet with all those streamlined polished surfaces also
strangely elegant.

There were a small number at MASDC when I visited in the late '70s, but
understand they disappeared shortly thereafter.

Bob ^,,^

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scrap-Yard-Tuc-03-c.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	7805
Old March 8th 07, 03:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim Morris[_2_]

Where you been?

Jim Morris

Old March 8th 07, 04:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ron Monroe

Forget the daring and adventurous, unless you know someone. You have the
option of a guided tour, on a bus, with closed dirty windows that don't
open. You will follow a closed predetermined cours, and, if the bus is full,
you will only be able to shoot from one side of the bus. Your other option:
Buy the book at the Pima museum that has excellent pictures.
Ron

"Andrew-S" I-Still-Hate-Spammers@Sorry-I had-to-leave-for-bit.com wrote in
message news

Old March 8th 07, 11:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew-S

When I was there I took the bus tour twice... Once so I could sit on one
side of the bus and the second time so I could sit on the other side...
My adventures around the scrap yards and shooting from the fence where
called to abrupt halt by the approach of a very heavily armed individual who
managed with just his appearance to intimidate me. That and some strange
puffs of dust on a large sand hill that kept occurring after a strange crack
sound. The result point taken my silver rental car was nothing but tire
tracks. The next time I go there I am going to hire a pilot so I can do
some air to ground stuff...

Andrew

ink.net...

wrote in :

[...]

Name:	S2-COD-BY-01c.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	7847
Old March 9th 07, 12:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew-S

Jim,
I am more of a lurker these days... I posted a series about Police Aviation
some weeks back after being away for over a year. Police Aviation has
become my main subject lately and I do the occasional photo flights with
several of the local Police Departments in and around the Washington DC
Metro area...

The attached image is from about 2 years ago, just after I vanished...

Andrew

"Jim Morris" wrote in message
Where you been?

Jim Morris

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ParkPolice-Helo-Flight-11-04-05-SM.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	749.6 KB
ID:	7848
Old March 10th 07, 10:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

wrote in :

Jim,
I am more of a lurker these days... I posted a series about Police
Aviation some weeks back after being away for over a year. Police
Aviation has become my main subject lately and I do the occasional
photo flights with several of the local Police Departments in and
around the Washington DC Metro area...

The attached image is from about 2 years ago, just after I vanished...

Uh huhhuh... it said 'PP'...

Oh - I mean, that's a darned purty picture Andrew!

Bob ^,,^
Old March 10th 07, 11:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington