Angels Eight - Normandy Air War Diary

Old October 11th 03, 02:52 PM
Keith Willshaw

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
Subject: Angels Eight - Normandy Air War Diary

Interesting to hear how the Brits did it. Thanks. Is your dad still

around. If
so give him my best.

No he passed away in 1982

Where was he in Belgium? I was up in Florennes surrounded
by Brits. Maybe we met there.Who knows? (grin)

He was in that region , they took Brussels on the break
out from Normandy before joing the drive towards Antwerp
and then Arnhem.

During the Battle of the Bulge his unit was moved to the Dinant
area where along with American forces they blocked the German
path to the Meuse.

On the 23rd of December they captured a jeep load of Germans
dressed as Americans driving a captured jeep. They apparently
didnt realise this section of the front was held by Briitish troops.

Keith

Old October 11th 03, 03:48 PM
Kimmo Mikkonen

Not just surprised...SHOCKED ! I was over Normandy and there wasn't a
German
plane in sight over Omaha Beach from dawn to dusk. We flew two missions

that
day and never saw the Luftwaffe anywhere..

I seem to recall that there was Luftwaffe going TO Normandy beaches, but
most of them never reaching it, and the numbers were, well to put it mildly
insufficient. And It was propably in allied interests too to have enough
Fighters outside landing zones to keep them away. mr.Hitler didn't really
believe such a place was the actual landing site, just a minor decoy

Oshkosh Diary Capt Nud Home Built 0 July 20th 04 03:02 AM
Blue Angel's Gear Door Broken? Clay N4AOX Military Aviation 15 October 6th 03 08:01 AM
Current Blue Angels equipment. . Drewe Manton Military Aviation 0 August 11th 03 10:32 AM