Piper hijacked in Mexico. Reason? Nuke Smuggling

Old September 21st 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Piper hijacked in Mexico. Reason? Nuke Smuggling

tscottme wrote:
But Mexican borders aren't tight enough, as tight as they may be.

Apparently, this is good news for Boeing:

http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/...60921a_nr.html

I saw a quickie news brief on it and they didn't go into details on the
extent of the surveillance coverage areas, but I imagine it'll at least
focus on the known hot spots.

Not sure exactly what this all has to do with protecting against a
Piper, unless someone's attempting to push it over the border on the
ground

Regards,
Jon

Old September 21st 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Robert M. Gary

Sam Spade wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:

I don't know a lot about Mexico, but I know a lot about the importation
of poverty to Southen California, principally from Mexico.

I 100% agree. The United States imports most of our poverty. We are a
very prosperous nation but will always import an underclass.

I also know the Los Angeles Times (a liberal supporter of illegal
immigation in general) has twice published a survey that 70% of the
(remaining) citizens of Mexico would immigrate to the United States,
legally or illegally if they thought they could get work (keep in mind
this includes skilled and educated Mexicans, unlike the genrally very
poorly educated folks who have come across to date (some 12 million of
them, at least).

I find that hard to believe. I've rarely met anyone in Mexico (taxi
driver, bus boy, etc) who hasn't been to the U.S. They seem to want to
return. If 70% of Mexicans wanted to enter the U.S and stormed the
border, I don't think we'd stand a chance.

I am tired of my area hospital rooms being loaded up will illegals using
the ER as their free family doctor.

Agreed, but I'm not sure what it has to do with the ability for
terrorist to enter Mexico. I don't think many people would choose a
Mexican prison over a U.S. prison.

-Robert

Old September 21st 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Frank Stutzman

Robert M. Gary wrote:

Sam Spade wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:

I don't know a lot about Mexico, but I know a lot about the importation
of poverty to Southen California, principally from Mexico.

I 100% agree. The United States imports most of our poverty. We are a
very prosperous nation but will always import an underclass.

Indeed.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

Can we get a volunteer to go scratch that off that statue in New York City?

Do I really need to put a emoticon on this?

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"

Old September 21st 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Frank Stutzman wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:

Sam Spade wrote:

Robert M. Gary wrote:

I don't know a lot about Mexico, but I know a lot about the importation
of poverty to Southen California, principally from Mexico.

I 100% agree. The United States imports most of our poverty. We are a
very prosperous nation but will always import an underclass.

Indeed.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

Can we get a volunteer to go scratch that off that statue in New York City?

Do I really need to put a emoticon on this?

That was all about *legal* immigration, written at a time when this
country was underpopulated. Nothing is frozen in time, not even that
rhetoric.
Old September 21st 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Robert M. Gary wrote:

Sam Spade wrote:

I find that hard to believe. I've rarely met anyone in Mexico (taxi
driver, bus boy, etc) who hasn't been to the U.S. They seem to want to
return. If 70% of Mexicans wanted to enter the U.S and stormed the
border, I don't think we'd stand a chance.

Believe it or not, the Los Angeles Times published it. There are degrees of motivation. The Times did not give the impression that most of those interviewed were ready to "storm the border." Rather, they were expessing a prefence.

I am tired of my area hospital rooms being loaded up will illegals using
the ER as their free family doctor.

Agreed, but I'm not sure what it has to do with the ability for
terrorist to enter Mexico. I don't think many people would choose a
Mexican prison over a U.S. prison.

I wasn't speaking of terrorist, rather I was contribution to a slight
bit of thread creep. ;-)
Old September 22nd 06, 01:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
tscottme

wrote in message
Not sure exactly what this all has to do with protecting against a
Piper, unless someone's attempting to push it over the border on the
ground

Ahh! But the DHS knows that the most dangerous Piper is the one you don't
expect to be pushed across several hundred miles of desert. ;-)

--

Scott

Old September 22nd 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Frank Ch. Eigler

"Robert M. Gary" writes:

[...] What percentage of Mexicans do you really think are in the
U.S.?

According to the least controversial numbers I've come across (10
million illegal + 100000/yr legal), it seems to be between 10 and 20%

Would you be surprised to learn that the majority choose to stay in
Mexico? [...]

If I lived in a nation where a mere majority of its citizens actually
wanted to live there, I would not be too proud.

- FChE
Old September 22nd 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Robert M. Gary

Back then there were even quotes for different countries. X number from
England, Y number from China etc. It certainly wasn't ever an open
door. Besides, we know who carved Lady Liberty and it wasn't an
American.

-Robert