Glideplan for Windows 2.0 beta 6 Broken? - Can't print maps

Old July 23rd 18, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Glideplan for Windows 2.0 beta 6 Broken? - Can't print maps

The ancient copy of SeeYou that I use allows you to print maps using a Sectional Chart view. You can add the TPs (although they're difficult to see so I paste a small numbered label on each one). I print to 1:500000 scale (after first printing to XPS or PDF) so for a typical nationals, it produces 15-25+ pages that I have to tape/paste together. Not the most intuitive approach but it works. Cover with clear Contact paper and it's just like the 70s again!

Chip Bearden
Old July 23rd 18, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

What I used to use was, "CutePDFwriter", it was free, worked decent on Windows XP, and did quite a few things.
If saving an image in Windows, I found a ".PNG" was MUCH smaller than a ".JPG" with similar resolution.

Not a fix for this issue, just some suggested workarounds.....
Old July 24th 18, 06:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

RESOLVED

All my PC's and notebooks had one thing in common. They all ran a PDF printer driver called PDF-XChange Printer Lite v6. So... I went and installed a later version from Tracker systems. After rebooting... and setting the margins properly, suddenly Glideplan "Set Print Area" function works properly. Deleted the older driver.

There must have been some strange interaction... or something got corrupted..

All is well..

Walt Rogers WX

Custom maps for GlidePlan 2KA Soaring 2 December 28th 14 08:26 PM
New SeeYou 6.1 - New vector maps and satellite image maps - very cool! Paul Remde Soaring 9 June 6th 14 04:58 AM
Paper Maps - Glideplan alternative ? Dave Nadler Soaring 5 May 30th 12 05:29 PM
More GlidePlan 2008 contest maps now available Matt Herron Jr. Soaring 0 June 30th 08 12:56 AM
GlidePlan Experience John Seaborn Soaring 5 July 14th 07 06:53 AM