Sample leaseback agreement

Old August 24th 04, 07:26 PM
Captain Wubba

Default Sample leaseback agreement

Hello. I'm considering a leaseback arrangement with a FBO I know well
and trust. I've owned airplanes before, and understand the risks,
rewards, and costs. I've talked to people who have had fantastic
results with their leaseback, and with others who have had abysmal
results.

But what I would like to see would be the operating agreement that is
used by a *real* leaseback. Does anyone have any idea where I could
get a sample leaseback agreement? Just to get some ideas how they can
be structured, before I get into final negotiations with the FBO? I'd
really appreciate any help in this area. And any other suggestions or
advice from people experienced with this would also be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Cap
Old August 24th 04, 09:25 PM
Dude

The most important thing about the leaseback contract is the wording that
makes tax sense for you.

Other than that, I found that the different schools really did not want to
negotiate or change their contract. It was only after I convinced them that
their existing agreement could allow the IRS to change the owners' revenues
from active to passsive that I could get anywhere.

That being said, I know one guy who did get a negotiated deal where the
school makes nothing until they get the hours over 30 each month.

om...