KX-155 repair history

Old August 27th 04, 04:31 AM
Doug

Intermitant problems ARE hard to fix. Hard to fix it if it isn't
broken. I have a KX155 and it has been pretty solid. Also, avionics
techs KNOW them and like to fix them. They know how to fix them. They
are built to be repairable. They have individual components that can
be changed. You don't have to "swap out a board".

70% of failures in electrical equipment are CONNECTIONS. I'd look
there.

Dave Butler wrote in message ...
We're having some problems with our KX-155 where it intermittently stops
navigating. Several attempts at repair have failed. A friend has a KX-155 that
won't transmit. Another friend had a series of repairs on his KX-155.

The conventional wisdom seems to be that the KX-155 is the gold standard in
NAV/COMMs, but I have these anecdotal gripes. Are they the best there is?

Thanks,

Dave

Old August 27th 04, 03:13 PM
Dave Butler

Ron Natalie wrote:
"Dave Butler" wrote in message ...

wrote:

Just curious... Are you asking about the KX-155 or the newer KX-155A?
The 155A came out about 4 years ago. The KX155 is no longer sold.

KX-155. Is the repair history answer different for the KX-155A? ... and what's
the difference (I guess I can google for that part).

About 10 years or so. Ever look inside them?

No, I haven't. Is it a different generation of technology?

I see the KX-155A is 28 volt only, so not very useful to me, anyway.

DGB