World-Wide Soaring Turnpoint Exchange

Old August 19th 18, 04:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Leibacher

Default World-Wide Soaring Turnpoint Exchange

Unfortunately, there are some issues with the primary site (soaringweb.org, and
the mirror sites soaring.geichhorn.com, soaring.guenther-eichhorn.com,
and soaring.gahsys.com), so their content may not be up-to-date, with a
restoration of service probably not before the end of August ;-(

However, the mirror sites serkowski.com/soaring/TP/ (Ridgecrest, California,
USA: courtesy of Tom Serkowski) and soaring.silentflight.ca/
(Kitchener, Ontario, Canada: courtesy of Luke Szczepaniak) are working fine. That's what mirror sites are for! ;-)

Apologies for the problems, please do bookmark all of the Servers, and let me know if you have any problems.

John Leibacher )
Old August 19th 18, 05:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Saturday, August 18, 2018 at 8:09:57 PM UTC-7, John Leibacher wrote:
Unfortunately, there are some issues with the primary site (soaringweb.org, and
the mirror sites soaring.geichhorn.com, soaring.guenther-eichhorn.com,
and soaring.gahsys.com), so their content may not be up-to-date, with a
restoration of service probably not before the end of August ;-(

However, the mirror sites serkowski.com/soaring/TP/ (Ridgecrest, California,
USA: courtesy of Tom Serkowski) and soaring.silentflight.ca/
(Kitchener, Ontario, Canada: courtesy of Luke Szczepaniak) are working fine. That's what mirror sites are for! ;-)

Apologies for the problems, please do bookmark all of the Servers, and let me know if you have any problems.

John Leibacher )

Thank you for all of your commendable efforts in creating and keeping the site(s) current.

Tom
Old August 20th 18, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

I have stated it before, I will add to this and a few follow on posts, yes, thanks for the effort!
Some of us see it and appreciate it.
Internet happens.

Thanks again.
Old August 20th 18, 12:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Striedieck[_2_]

Add my thanks for this gargantuan service you've been offering since the beginning of time John. You make life easier for a lot of us.

Take the rest of the day off!

KS
Old August 20th 18, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

What Karl said!

Thank you John!

Lou

Old August 20th 18, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

If now's the time to pile on, I'll add my thanks to the unsung John Leibacher for his wonderful service for so many years. As with electric power, running water, and (yes) Internet connectivity, it's difficult to imagine doing without until it stops working...and then you realize how dependent you are.

Chip Bearden

Old August 20th 18, 06:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Curt Lewis - 95

Thanks for all the work you do John!
Curt Lewis
Old August 20th 18, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, August 20, 2018 at 7:22:31 AM UTC-4, Karl Striedieck wrote:
Add my thanks for this gargantuan service you've been offering since the beginning of time John. You make life easier for a lot of us.

Take the rest of the day off!

KS

What KS says and more. Wherever John is, all over the world, he helps us quickly and cheerfully.
UH
Old August 21st 18, 08:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks from Australia as well! Makes life easy for comp pilots and organisers.
Tom
Old August 21st 18, 09:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Leibacher

Thank you all for the kind words. The good news is that soaringweb.org, geichhorn.com, and guenther-eichhorn.com are all being synced again.

best wishes to all,

John L