VF-103 Tomcats Gone

Old February 2nd 05, 06:18 PM
Tiger

Pechs1 wrote:

Tony- Come on Pechs, you've gotta admit that it was the sweetest looking Navy
fighter ever! At the very least, it's a lot nicer on the eye than the
F-18F BRBR

I don't agree-The F-4 was the best looking fighter ever, at least in the jet
era.

I was much happier in the club with my Phantom patch than my Turkey patch....
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)

Now CDR. Chisholm, a F-4 the best looking?? Surely you jest, Sir? :-[
It was fast, could carry allot, and agile enough for the Blue Angels.
But pretty???? no way......

Old February 2nd 05, 11:35 PM
Dave in San Diego

Tiger wrote in
:

Pechs1 wrote:

Tony- Come on Pechs, you've gotta admit that it was the sweetest
looking Navy fighter ever! At the very least, it's a lot nicer on the
eye than the F-18F BRBR

I don't agree-The F-4 was the best looking fighter ever, at least in
the jet era.

I was much happier in the club with my Phantom patch than my Turkey
patch.... P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)
Old Phart Phormer Phantom, Turkey, Viper, Scooter and Combat Buckeye
Phlyer

Now CDR. Chisholm, a F-4 the best looking?? Surely you jest, Sir? :-[
It was fast, could carry allot, and agile enough for the Blue Angels.
But pretty???? no way......

Not just pretty, but gorgeous. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder!

Dave in San Diego
Old February 4th 05, 03:32 PM
Pechs1

Tony- "A man has only one virginity to lose in fighters, and if it is a
lovely
plane he loses it to, there his heart will ever be" -Hemingway. Did you
lose yours in the Phantom? BRBR

Yes, my first fleet tour was in VF-33, F-4J, 1976.
BUT I flew A-4 as an Adversary, the F-14 and the F-16N, still liked the F-4 the
most.

I was able to get back into it after a 5 year absence when I went back to VX-4
as XO. I was one of the two that actually wanted to fly the thing(F-4S), along
with the CO, Wigs Ludwig, so we got to fly it a lot. Loved that A/C, sorry to
end my career in it in 1989.
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)