XCSoar and V7

Old December 20th 13, 11:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default XCSoar and V7

I have just tried out XCSoar on a Vertica V2 connected to a V7.
Most things seem to be fine and changing MC on one changes the other.
However when I change the ballast setting on the V7 XCSoar jumps to a maximum setting which does not correspond to the maximum set in the V7. Also vice versa when I change it using XCSoar the values do not correspond. I have checked that the units are set the same kg or litres. It would be neat to use the dump button on XCSoar and have the V7 get the same value.
I suspect that XCSoar is not talking the same units as the V7.

Has any one comes across this before and found a solution?
Old December 20th 13, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
johnorto at gmail.com

I have been running XCSoar 6.7.1 and on the V7 3.01 firmware

On Friday, 20 December 2013 21:12:02 UTC+8, Luke Szczepaniak wrote:
On 12/20/2013 5:44 AM, johnorto at gmail.com wrote:

I have just tried out XCSoar on a Vertica V2 connected to a V7.

Most things seem to be fine and changing MC on one changes the other.

However when I change the ballast setting on the V7 XCSoar jumps to a maximum setting which does not correspond to the maximum set in the V7. Also vice versa when I change it using XCSoar the values do not correspond. I have checked that the units are set the same kg or litres. It would be neat to use the dump button on XCSoar and have the V7 get the same value.

I suspect that XCSoar is not talking the same units as the V7.

Has any one comes across this before and found a solution?

I run XCS on a Dell Streak connected to V7 and PowerFLARM. The ballast

settings transfer as they should. I am set up with Liters in XCS and KG

on the V7. What XCS build are you running? Which firmware on the V7?

Cheers,

Luke Szczepaniak

Old December 20th 13, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Reitter

Sounds like a bug in either component. It may have to do with the units you use on either side. I would, provided latest software versions fail to work, report it to the XCSoar bug reporting address.
You can find a "Monitor" screen (I believe under "Info"), which should be quite helpful in finding out what is being received from the V7.
Old December 26th 13, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kimmo Hytoenen

You can find a "Monitor" screen (I believe under "Info"), which
should be
quite helpful in finding out what is being received from the V7.

Monitoring is in devices menu, in which you select & parameterize
the connected devices.

Old January 17th 14, 07:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

John-

Did you follow-up on this or find a solution? I have the same issue. Setting 0 ballast on the v7 (simply scrolling past the ballast screen) sets 88L in XCSoar.

I'm using pounds on XCSoar and V7. I didn't see an option in either to change the Liters setting, but I could have just missed it. I tried to use the monitor function and decode what it's sending but the constant stream plus my lack of what the data format is put a damper on that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old January 17th 14, 09:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks Luke, I think I've got it sorted out. I upgraded the firmware to the latest which reset all of my settings. I believe the issue was that Empty Weight, Pilot Weight, and Min Glider Weight on the v7 polar have to add up. Once I got those numbers lined up, then things seem to be working correctly.

CAI-302 and XCSoar Dan Marotta Soaring 7 March 29th 12 09:55 PM
xcsoar [email protected] Soaring 40 August 13th 09 09:01 PM
XCSoar in the UK Martin Gregorie[_5_] Soaring 0 August 10th 09 10:46 PM
XCSOAR Travis Beach[_2_] Soaring 3 May 24th 08 03:36 PM
XCSoar jorgie Soaring 2 November 2nd 04 01:05 AM