Knots 2U gap seals

Old February 3rd 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
JAMES VOYTEK

Default Knots 2U gap seals

I am thinking of fitting K2U gap seals on my Archer.
Are they worth the cost ?
Thanks for all input

Jim

Old February 3rd 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Paul kgyy

On Feb 3, 11:30 am, "JAMES VOYTEK" wrote:
I am thinking of fitting K2U gap seals on my Archer.
Are they worth the cost ?
Thanks for all input

Jim

Cherokee Chat denizens report improved control at low speeds. Don't
expect enough extra speed to justify the cost.

Old February 3rd 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ray Andraka

JAMES VOYTEK wrote:
I am thinking of fitting K2U gap seals on my Archer.
Are they worth the cost ?
Thanks for all input

Jim

Depends on why you are installing them. I got about 100fpm better climb
rate on my Six and better control at low speeds. It no longer quits
flying in the flare. I didn't really notice any speed gain, which means
any speed gain was less than 2 or 3 knots. I installed the flap,
aileron and stabilator gap seals. For me, I was mainly interested in
improving the climb, and I am happy with the results.
Old February 3rd 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Depends on why you are installing them. I got about 100fpm better climb
rate on my Six and better control at low speeds. It no longer quits
flying in the flare. I didn't really notice any speed gain, which means
any speed gain was less than 2 or 3 knots. I installed the flap,
aileron and stabilator gap seals. For me, I was mainly interested in
improving the climb, and I am happy with the results.

I'll second Ray's assessment.

Although my opinion is second hand, since the flap, aileron and
stabilator gap seals were already on my Pathfinder when I bought it.
However, the guy who installed them reported the same results.

BTW: If you're looking for extra speed, nothing (on a fixed-gear
Cherokee) beats the "Fancy Pants" mod.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 3rd 07, 11:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bob Noel

In article HE3xh.1070$xu4.221@trndny04, "JAMES VOYTEK"
wrote:

I am thinking of fitting K2U gap seals on my Archer.
Are they worth the cost ?

Aside from low-speed handling, there might be some small
fuel efficiency gain. If you fly the same RPM setting, you fly
any faster, but you might use less fuel.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old February 4th 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave[_3_]

No... (IMHO)

Mattisons' Gap seals do the same, fraction of the price, and don't
freeze.

Dave

Old February 4th 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Mattisons' Gap seals do the same, fraction of the price, and don't
freeze.

That's a good option. Art Mattson's gap seals are just plain-old 3M
tape, and (from what I've heard) they work great.

And, when they eventually wear out and you have to reinstall them, you
just buy another roll of tape. (Really!)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 4th 07, 09:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ben Jackson

On 2007-02-03, JAMES VOYTEK wrote:
I am thinking of fitting K2U gap seals on my Archer.
Are they worth the cost ?

The way my newsreader displays articles includes the count of the number
of messages in the thread just before the subject, so I saw "7 Knots 2U gap
seals" and my first thought was, "7 knots? No way!"

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD

http://www.ben.com/
Old February 4th 07, 01:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Blueskies

:
: The way my newsreader displays articles includes the count of the number
: of messages in the thread just before the subject, so I saw "7 Knots 2U gap
: seals" and my first thought was, "7 knots? No way!"
:
: --
: Ben Jackson AD7GD
:
: http://www.ben.com/

Now that is funny!!!

Old February 4th 07, 02:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave[_3_]

Now THAT would be worth the $$$$$!

Dave

VG's & Gap seals.. Pirep Dave Piloting 2 December 26th 06 05:15 AM
Gel headset seals Brian Burger Piloting 2 September 26th 04 12:00 AM
Landing and T/O distances (Was Cold War ALternate Basing) Guy Alcala Military Aviation 3 August 13th 04 12:18 PM