A-4 / A-7 Question

Old October 19th 03, 12:56 AM
Michael

"Daryl Hunt" wrote in message ...
"David Casey" wrote in message
news
On 17 Oct 2003 07:52:17 -0700, Michael wrote:

My vision may be failing now but it was fine when I saw the squadron of

them
overfly the Dairy I was living at at the time. And they were out of

Buckley
Air Field outside of Denver. In otherwords, Air National Guard.

According to

http://www.globalsecurity.org/space/...ty/buckley.htm

Buckley was a Naval Air Station from '47 to '59.

Oh now you're just trolling Daryl. ;-)

He stated a fact, Troll. Buckley has been through so many Command Changes,
the USAF is now the flavor of the month.

Right, but the Navy was the flavor of the month when you supposedly
saw P-38s fying out of there. So what's your next story? The Navy
was flying P-38s?

~Michael
Old October 19th 03, 03:18 AM
Daryl Hunt

"Michael" wrote in message
om...
"Daryl Hunt" wrote in message

[...]

Are you aware that each one has taken command for Admin reasons? Buckley
didn't change in it's Services represented. It still has a large Navy,
Marine, Army and Airforce representation. Regardless of who's' turn it is
to command it, it's mission for support for the Rocky Mountain Region hasn't
changed in decades. There is even Coast Guard Units. The Aircraft that are
permenently stationed there are Air National Guard as well as Marine and
Army. All that ever changes is the Administrative Command. The Air Force
decided with the loss of Lowry and the Regional Hospital that an expansion
was needed to fill in those gaps. But the Units have not changed nor has
the mission. Check out what Buckley actually does. You may be surprised.

Old October 19th 03, 02:54 PM
Douglas Berry

Lo, many moons past, on Sat, 18 Oct 2003 20:20:24 -0600, a stranger
called by some "Daryl Hunt" came forth and told this
tale in us.military.army

I forgot, what year did you see these P-38 over the Denver area ?

I don't know what year. I was pretty young at the time. I asked my Uncle
what they were and he stated they were P-38s. My Uncle retired from Lowry
AFB as a GS-15 about 20 years ago with 33 years. I believe I will accept
his explanation over yours.

And, of course, Daryl was drunk at the time.

Anybody else notice that whenever Daryl is pushed for facts he says he
was drunk, or "pretty young" or has some other BS excuse to cover up
the fact that he's full of crap?

--

Douglas Berry Do the OBVIOUS thing to send e-mail

WE *ARE* UMA
Lemmings 404 Local
Old October 20th 03, 12:37 AM
Michael

"Daryl Hunt" wrote in message ...
"Michael" wrote in message
om...
"Daryl Hunt" wrote in message

[...]

Let's see, looking at the heritage section of

http://www.buckley.af.mil/

it looks like the ANG maintained a presence there through the 50s.
But, it looks like the 120th TFS and 140th Wing flew F-51s when you
say they were supposed to be flying P-38s.

~Michael