Pilot's Political Orientation

Old April 17th 04, 10:46 PM
C J Campbell

"Dan Luke" wrote in message
"C J Campbell" wrote:
Seems a number of people have forgotten that liberalism has
abandoned liberal principles.

Yup, and it's distressing to see conservatism in America is doing the
same thing WRT conservative principles.
--

Modern conservatives are not traditional conservatives any more than modern
liberals are traditional liberals. Conservatives today seem to be a motley

I never did figure out how the Democrats, who supported slavery and
generally opposed any form of equal rights, managed to hijack that issue
from the Republicans, who fought to free the slaves, passed the Equal
Housing Act, and enacted many other such reforms. Nor have I figured out how
the Democrats managed to hijack environmentalism from the Teddy Roosevelt
Republicans.

So now you have 'conservatives' running around talking about property rights
and states' rights (originally created to protect slavery) and protecting
large corporations while espousing populist principles. And you have the
'liberals' running around trying to limit free speech and press, disarming
the public, and supporting the worst thugs and despots imaginable in other
countries in the name of 'diversity' and 'tolerance.'

Old April 18th 04, 03:01 AM
Tarver Engineering

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

So now you have 'conservatives' running around talking about property

rights
and states' rights

Republicans have always supported States' rights, as that is the basis of a
republic.

(originally created to protect slavery)

Democrats wanted the 3/5 law and Republicans were not willing to go to war
over it and as long as libertarins could control the purse everyone was
willing to leave things be for a while.

and protecting
large corporations while espousing populist principles.

The libertarian wing (once Federalists) of the Republican Party insistthey
address the issues of fiscal responsibility and a small central government,
but libertarians are out of favor now due to their isolationist tendancies.

And you have the
'liberals' running around trying to limit free speech and press, disarming
the public, and supporting the worst thugs and despots imaginable in other
countries in the name of 'diversity' and 'tolerance.'

Racism has always been the Democrats' product.

Old April 18th 04, 03:17 AM
Otis Winslow

Go he
http://www.libertarian.org/index2.html

Old April 19th 04, 05:51 PM
Gene Seibel

I believe what I believe. You believe what you believe. Few of us will
change our minds, unless we have no convictions to start with.
--
Gene Seibel
Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html

"Chicken Bone" wrote in message tnews.com...
Flightinfo.com asked for pilots political orientation.

Results:

Democrat 22.97%
Republican 57.24%
Ind. 19.79%

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthr...threadid=21699

Old April 19th 04, 06:15 PM
C J Campbell

"Gene Seibel" wrote in message
om...
I believe what I believe. You believe what you believe. Few of us will
change our minds, unless we have no convictions to start with.
--

I have never been convicted of anything. No one saw me do it. You can't
prove it. The sheep are lying.

Old April 19th 04, 06:18 PM
David Brooks

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

I have never been convicted of anything. No one saw me do it. You can't
prove it. The sheep are lying.

Does that mean it's going to rain?

Old April 20th 04, 12:56 AM
Ash Wyllie

David Brooks opined

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

I have never been convicted of anything. No one saw me do it. You can't
prove it. The sheep are lying.

Does that mean it's going to rain?

No, it's cows that lie down before it rains. Dunno what sheep do.

-ash
Cthulhu for President!
Why vote for a lesser evil?

Old April 20th 04, 12:19 PM
Jim Knoyle

"Ash Wyllie" wrote in message
David Brooks opined

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

I have never been convicted of anything. No one saw me do it. You can't
prove it. The sheep are lying.

Does that mean it's going to rain?

No, it's cows that lie down before it rains. Dunno what sheep do.

I hear they do baad things.

Old April 19th 04, 10:42 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Gene Seibel" wrote in message
om...
I believe what I believe. You believe what you believe. Few of us will
change our minds, unless we have no convictions to start with.

You don't change your mind when someone offers a better
explanation/argument?

Old April 19th 04, 10:51 PM
Peter Gottlieb

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

"Gene Seibel" wrote in message
om...
I believe what I believe. You believe what you believe. Few of us will
change our minds, unless we have no convictions to start with.

You don't change your mind when someone offers a better
explanation/argument?

Sadly, most people do not.