North West Territory

Old November 5th 07, 12:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom[_2_]

Default North West Territory

Hello Group - Looking for some advise regarding a trip I'm making through the North
West US in a couple days.

I know some regulars live in the area and others have made visits. I'm starting in
the San Francisco, CA area and driving north to Seattle, WA. I've made a list of air
museums to stop and see. I'm wondering if there's anything to add or not bother with.

Keeping it on topic I've included a beautiful Boeing creation that I happened to
catch in transit at the Hampton, NH Airport (7B3) back in 2005

Thanks in advance....
Tom

CALIFORNIA -
Aerospace Museum, McClellan
Silver Wings, Mather AFB
Travis AFB Museum
Aero Nostalgia, Stockton
Castle Air Museum, A****er
Wings of History, San Martin
Hiller Aviation, San Carlos
Oakland Aerospace, Oakland
USS Hornet, Alameda
Pacific Coast, Santa Rosa

OREGON -
Oregon Air & Space, Eugene
Evergreen, McMinville
Tillamook

WASHINGTON -
Pearson Air, Vancouver
Olympic Flight, Olympia
Museum of Flight, Seattle
Future of Flight, Mukilteo

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7B3.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	19170
Old November 5th 07, 07:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim[_8_]

May not be complete but try this link -- Aviation Museum Locator

http://aeroweb.brooklyn.cuny.edu/museums/museums.htm

Have a great trip -- Looking forward to some pics

jim

Old November 5th 07, 10:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jack G[_2_]

I have not been to see it, but the Future of Flight is not a Museum - but it
does have several exhibits of aviation technology. You might want to visit
the Museum Of Flight Restoration Center which is on the east side of Paine
Field. Might also consider doing the Boeing tour which is part of the
Future of Flight.

Unfortunately the Paul Allen collection
http://www.flyingheritage.com/Templa...px?contentId=1 is closed
because it is moving to Paine Field.

Jack G.

Old November 5th 07, 10:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Paul Elliot

Tom wrote:
[...]

Looks like you have it covered pretty well. I'm all out of days off for
the rest of the year, otherwise I'd join you!
:-(

--
Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics
German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics
French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by Italians.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/paul1cart/albums/
Old November 6th 07, 01:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom[_2_]

Thanks for the link...I had actually used that as a resource to find several places.
Some dead links etc...but it was useful.

"

Old November 6th 07, 01:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom[_2_]

I'm tempted to head east to Nellis....I just don't know if I'll have the time to
swing it in. I've gotta burn my days off before the end of the year so I don't lose out.

Old November 10th 07, 11:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Stewart

Tom wrote in
:

[...]

Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
--------------030403030500080507050606

Attachment decoded: 7B3.jpg
--------------030403030500080507050606--

The Silver Wings museum at Mather closed in 1993. Most of the display
aircraft were moved to McClellan. All that remains of the museum at
Mather is a F-105G on display in front of the VA hospital.