TO THE GROUP.... Wherever you are

Old December 8th 07, 06:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
SHIVER ME TIMBERS

Default TO THE GROUP.... Wherever you are

IS IT JUST ME...

Am I the only one that remembered that yesterday was a day that was
supposed to have a special significance.

A day that would live in infimy.

Considering this group is dominated by Yanks from Yankyville, I would
have thought that one of them would have posted a picture of a Zero,
or a Zeke, or a Betty.... whether it was a bouncing Betty or not.

Where was one of those postings of Ford island in all its glory.

P-40s and PBYs burning on the ground.

Ships sinking in the harbour.

The Arizona at it's finest.

Just the other month I posted a message about some anniversary to do
with the mighty spitfire.

Do you think that even one person posted a shot of a spit.

You know they didn't.

And that wasn't the first time I noticed special days seem to go by
with nary a nod of recognition or a posting or rememberance.

So why was I not surprised when yesterday.... the day that was supposed
to live in infimay received not even a posting of recollection from the
main and only group on the web that is devoted to the posting of
pictures of airplanes from different historical periods.

Now I'm not chastising or trying to act snooty.

I'm only pointing out that a very special day in history just slipped by
without so much as a note of acknowledgement let alone a single picture.

Now if it's any consolation or even slight interest to the group,
on that same day CANADA declared war on Finland, Hungary, and Romania.

Only in Canada.. Eh!!!!!
Old December 8th 07, 07:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Luke

"SHIVER ME TIMBERS" wrote in message
IS IT JUST ME...

Am I the only one that remembered that yesterday was a day that was
supposed to have a special significance.

A day that would live in infimy.

There were many posts in a.b.p.military. I'm sure there were many more
in the political groups, but I don't go there.

The attack on Pearl harbor, while significant in reagards to History,
politics, world events and the military, was not a particularly important
day to the world of aviation.

Luke

Old December 8th 07, 08:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim[_8_]

"Luke" wrote in message

"SHIVER ME TIMBERS" wrote in message
IS IT JUST ME...

Am I the only one that remembered that yesterday was a day that was
supposed to have a special significance.

A day that would live in infimy.

There were many posts in a.b.p.military. I'm sure there were many more
in the political groups, but I don't go there.

The attack on Pearl harbor, while significant in reagards to History,
politics, world events and the military, was not a particularly important
day to the world of aviation.

Luke

Hmmmm! Wasn't the entire raid on Pearl carried out by aviation? Why do you
say that it wasn't particularly important to the world of aviation?

Old December 8th 07, 09:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ron Snipes[_1_]

Here you go Shiver! I'm a Helicopter Guy too.
Ron Snipes
New Bern, NC

"Jim" jaahrens NOSPAM at yahoo dot com wrote in message

"Luke" wrote in message

"SHIVER ME TIMBERS" wrote in message
IS IT JUST ME...

Am I the only one that remembered that yesterday was a day that was
supposed to have a special significance.

A day that would live in infimy.

There were many posts in a.b.p.military. I'm sure there were many

more
in the political groups, but I don't go there.

The attack on Pearl harbor, while significant in reagards to History,
politics, world events and the military, was not a particularly

important
day to the world of aviation.

Luke

Hmmmm! Wasn't the entire raid on Pearl carried out by aviation? Why do

you
say that it wasn't particularly important to the world of aviation?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fw_ FW_ ORIGINAL PEARL HARBOR PHOTOS] (12).jpg
Views:	58
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	20390  Click image for larger version

Name:	Fw_ FW_ ORIGINAL PEARL HARBOR PHOTOS] (10).jpg
Views:	70
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	20391  Click image for larger version

Name:	Fw_ FW_ ORIGINAL PEARL HARBOR PHOTOS] (11).jpg
Views:	58
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	20392
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fw_ FW_ ORIGINAL PEARL HARBOR PHOTOS] (1).jpg (44.7 KB, 58 views)
Old December 8th 07, 09:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ron Snipes[_1_]

"Luke" wrote in message

"SHIVER ME TIMBERS" wrote in message
IS IT JUST ME...

Am I the only one that remembered that yesterday was a day that was
supposed to have a special significance.

A day that would live in infimy.

There were many posts in a.b.p.military. I'm sure there were many

more
in the political groups, but I don't go there.

The attack on Pearl harbor, while significant in reagards to History,
politics, world events and the military, was not a particularly

important
day to the world of aviation.

Luke

Hmmmm! Wasn't the entire raid on Pearl carried out by aviation? Why do

you
say that it wasn't particularly important to the world of aviation?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fw_ FW_ ORIGINAL PEARL HARBOR PHOTOS] (17).jpg
Views:	57
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	20394  Click image for larger version

Name:	Fw_ FW_ ORIGINAL PEARL HARBOR PHOTOS] (14).jpg
Views:	48
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	20395  Click image for larger version

Name:	Fw_ FW_ ORIGINAL PEARL HARBOR PHOTOS] (16).jpg
Views:	51
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	20397  Click image for larger version

Name:	Fw_ FW_ ORIGINAL PEARL HARBOR PHOTOS] (13).jpg
Views:	56
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	20398
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fw_ FW_ ORIGINAL PEARL HARBOR PHOTOS] (15).jpg (53.5 KB, 52 views)
Old December 8th 07, 09:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ron Snipes[_1_]

"Luke" wrote in message

"SHIVER ME TIMBERS" wrote in message
IS IT JUST ME...

Am I the only one that remembered that yesterday was a day that was
supposed to have a special significance.

A day that would live in infimy.

There were many posts in a.b.p.military. I'm sure there were many

more
in the political groups, but I don't go there.

The attack on Pearl harbor, while significant in reagards to History,
politics, world events and the military, was not a particularly

important
day to the world of aviation.

Luke

Hmmmm! Wasn't the entire raid on Pearl carried out by aviation? Why do

you
say that it wasn't particularly important to the world of aviation?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fw_ FW_ ORIGINAL PEARL HARBOR PHOTOS] (5).jpg
Views:	55
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	20399  Click image for larger version

Name:	Fw_ FW_ ORIGINAL PEARL HARBOR PHOTOS] (2).jpg
Views:	52
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	20400  Click image for larger version

Name:	Fw_ FW_ ORIGINAL PEARL HARBOR PHOTOS] (3).jpg
Views:	50
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	20401  Click image for larger version

Name:	Fw_ FW_ ORIGINAL PEARL HARBOR PHOTOS] (4).jpg
Views:	55
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	20402  Click image for larger version

Name:	Fw_ FW_ ORIGINAL PEARL HARBOR PHOTOS] (18).jpg
Views:	53
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	20403

Old December 8th 07, 09:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ron Snipes[_1_]

"Luke" wrote in message

"SHIVER ME TIMBERS" wrote in message
IS IT JUST ME...

Am I the only one that remembered that yesterday was a day that was
supposed to have a special significance.

A day that would live in infimy.

There were many posts in a.b.p.military. I'm sure there were many

more
in the political groups, but I don't go there.

The attack on Pearl harbor, while significant in reagards to History,
politics, world events and the military, was not a particularly

important
day to the world of aviation.

Luke

Hmmmm! Wasn't the entire raid on Pearl carried out by aviation? Why do

you
say that it wasn't particularly important to the world of aviation?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fw_ FW_ ORIGINAL PEARL HARBOR PHOTOS] (6).jpg
Views:	52
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	20404  Click image for larger version

Name:	Fw_ FW_ ORIGINAL PEARL HARBOR PHOTOS] (7).jpg
Views:	62
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	20405  Click image for larger version

Name:	Fw_ FW_ ORIGINAL PEARL HARBOR PHOTOS] (8).jpg
Views:	50
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	20406  Click image for larger version

Name:	Fw_ FW_ ORIGINAL PEARL HARBOR PHOTOS] (9).jpg
Views:	53
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	20407
Old December 8th 07, 11:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Maple1

That is because most of us have quit posting here and have moved on to
better places with fewer assholes.
Old December 9th 07, 01:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim[_8_]

"Maple1" wrote in message
That is because most of us have quit posting here and have moved on to
better places with fewer assholes.

I don't quite understand why you are flaming me for asking a simple question
out of curiosity. I asked why it was stated that the air raid on Pearl was
not particularly important to aviation.

As you say . . . if "most of us have quit posting here and have moved on to
better places with fewer assholes" . . . I see you're still around!

Old December 9th 07, 01:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
SHIVER ME TIMBERS

That is because most of us have quit posting here and have moved on to
better places with fewer assholes.

So where is Shangri La these days.

Thanks to this group...again Jay Honeck Piloting 7 May 18th 07 03:41 AM
asw-19 yahoo group?? other asw19 group? Jim Culp Soaring 1 February 11th 07 03:12 PM
What's up with this group lately? Judah Piloting 53 November 17th 06 05:18 PM
New to group Roger Wilco Home Built 2 September 4th 06 04:45 AM
TO THE GROUP Today's Curious Question Piloting 11 July 19th 04 04:16 PM