Countering Widespread Ignorance About the National Guard

Old March 2nd 04, 02:25 AM
Kevin Brooks

"Tex Houston" wrote in message

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message
Thank you John. Friends are hard to find around here. (sigh)

If you just stopped lying, and started admitting when you had screwed

the
pooch (i.e., the whole "Guard was back home while we did the fightin'"

crap)
you'd have more friends. Continuing to deny reality after you have been
corrected by umpteen other posters does little to enamor the average

poster.

Brooks

Neither of you are exactly covering yourselves with glory in this ****ing
match. Both of you are splashing yourselves AND the bystanders.

A pox on both your houses! Anyone else feel the same way?

Tex, merely pointing out Art's less than truthful characterizations of the
men and units who were fighting long before he entered into the fray is not
a bad thing in my book. You don't like it, just delete the messages and be
done with it. Unfortunately, evidence indicates that some misguided folks do
still tend to place some degree of trust in Art's word -- I don't
particularly care to see his lies about the Guard and Reserve in WWII hang
around in cyberspace for eternity without the truth being included. Just as
I was not too crazy about his past characterizations of those servicemembers
who did their assigned duty during the war but did not get to actively
engage the enemy in direct combat. Art has posted so much factually
incorrect BS that it is hard to imagine taking *anything* he has to say as
being truthful. I am really sorry if this all hurts your tender feelings.

Brooks

Regards,

Tex Houston

Old March 2nd 04, 02:44 AM
Ragnar

"Tex Houston" wrote in message

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message
Thank you John. Friends are hard to find around here. (sigh)

If you just stopped lying, and started admitting when you had screwed

the
pooch (i.e., the whole "Guard was back home while we did the fightin'"

crap)
you'd have more friends. Continuing to deny reality after you have been
corrected by umpteen other posters does little to enamor the average

poster.

Brooks

Neither of you are exactly covering yourselves with glory in this ****ing
match. Both of you are splashing yourselves AND the bystanders.

A pox on both your houses! Anyone else feel the same way?

Actually, it would be a pox on Art's house. Art has lied and been caught
out by Kevin. Its quite entertaining.

Old March 2nd 04, 02:53 AM
Tex Houston

[...]

I was referring to the personal abuse (on both sides) and I find it
deplorable. If you cannot see that you can correct the error without the
abuse, you too suffer from the same obstinacy Art has demonstrated. We have
a couple of people here who are so vicious toward John Tarver (who I blocked
years ago and ignore) that I'm starting to have a tiny bit of sympathy
toward him.

I'm for a kinder, gentler newsgroup but then I also wish for World Peace.
Like I said, neither of you have covered yourselves in glory.

Tex Houston

bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
Enola Gay: Burnt flesh and other magnificent technological achievements me Military Aviation 146 January 15th 04 10:13 PM
13 Dec 2003 - Today’s Military, Veteran, War and National Security News Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 December 13th 03 08:47 PM
11 Nov 2003 - Today’s Military, Veteran, War and National Security News Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 November 11th 03 11:58 PM
18 Sep 2003 - Today’s Military, Veteran, War and National Security News Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 September 19th 03 03:47 AM