Beechcraft Bonanza F35

Old October 13th 05, 12:37 AM
Bushleague

Default Beechcraft Bonanza F35

Hi I recently purchased a Bonanza F35 on eBay for short ($49,000)
money. It has all of the mods and AD's accomplished, no prop AD, new
paint, leather interior, cruises in the yellow arc like a typical
v-tail, and 1100 hours left on the engine. My next choice was
a V-35 by D'Shannon with a 300 hp io-550 with 179 kt cruise for
$98,000, however the engine was run out. The F-35 will take me to SW
Florida for a new develpoment with one stop, average flight time is
6.5 hours. Bad call or no?

Thanks.

Bush
Old October 13th 05, 01:05 AM
Newps

Bushleague wrote:
Hi I recently purchased a Bonanza F35 on eBay for short ($49,000)
money. It has all of the mods and AD's accomplished, no prop AD, new
paint, leather interior, cruises in the yellow arc like a typical
v-tail, and 1100 hours left on the engine. My next choice was
a V-35 by D'Shannon with a 300 hp io-550 with 179 kt cruise for
$98,000, however the engine was run out. The F-35 will take me to SW
Florida for a new develpoment with one stop, average flight time is
6.5 hours. Bad call or no?

If you're V tail cruises in the yellow arc with the engine it came with
you have a problem with your airspeed indicator.
Old October 13th 05, 01:14 AM
zatatime

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:37:36 -0400, Bushleague
wrote:

Hi I recently purchased a Bonanza F35 on eBay for short ($49,000)
money. It has all of the mods and AD's accomplished, no prop AD, new
paint, leather interior, cruises in the yellow arc like a typical
v-tail, and 1100 hours left on the engine. My next choice was
a V-35 by D'Shannon with a 300 hp io-550 with 179 kt cruise for
$98,000, however the engine was run out. The F-35 will take me to SW
Florida for a new develpoment with one stop, average flight time is
6.5 hours. Bad call or no?

Thanks.

Bush

Are you happy with it?

Yes = Good call.

No = Possible Bad call.

Our opinion isn't as important as you getting what you need out of
your machine.

Old October 13th 05, 02:26 AM
John Doe

SE Florida would be bad....

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
The F-35 will take me to SW
Florida for a new develpoment with one stop, average flight time is
6.5 hours. Bad call or no?

Guess it depends where you start from.

Jim

Old October 13th 05, 02:37 AM
NW_PILOT

"Bushleague" wrote in message
Hi I recently purchased a Bonanza F35 on eBay for short ($49,000)
money. It has all of the mods and AD's accomplished, no prop AD, new
paint, leather interior, cruises in the yellow arc like a typical
v-tail, and 1100 hours left on the engine. My next choice was
a V-35 by D'Shannon with a 300 hp io-550 with 179 kt cruise for
$98,000, however the engine was run out. The F-35 will take me to SW
Florida for a new develpoment with one stop, average flight time is
6.5 hours. Bad call or no?

Thanks.

Bush

Sounds like a little bit of buyers regret, In the last month I have
delivered 8 airplanes and out of the 8, 5 were purchased on ebay 3 of them
had serious buyers regret! You will get over it. You got an exelent buy at
49k. Beechcraft made excellent airplane, I know when I get the cash I am
going to buy me a beechcraft.

Steven Rhine
CP-ASEL-IA
CFI, ATP Student

Old October 13th 05, 03:33 AM
Frank Stutzman

Newps wrote:

If you're V tail cruises in the yellow arc with the engine it came with
you have a problem with your airspeed indicator.

Uh, well, maybe.

Depends on your what definition of "cruise" you want to use.

According to the chart at
http://www.vintagebonanza.com/Model_..._directory.htm

The factory numbers for the F model sez that the top of the green (start
of the yellow) is 175 MPH while "Max Cruise" is 180 MPH. Now, that chart
really doesn't give the conditions you might be able to achieve this "max
cruise", but in theory it is possible.

I'm pretty sure I could get my A35 to come pretty close to its numbers in
that chart. However, I would have to flog it pretty good in order to
accomplish it. Not something I like doing with a 50+ year old airframe.

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"

Old October 14th 05, 04:08 AM
Roger

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 18:37:15 -0700, "NW_PILOT"
wrote:

"Bushleague" wrote in message
.. .
Hi I recently purchased a Bonanza F35 on eBay for short ($49,000)
money. It has all of the mods and AD's accomplished, no prop AD, new
paint, leather interior, cruises in the yellow arc like a typical
v-tail, and 1100 hours left on the engine. My next choice was
a V-35 by D'Shannon with a 300 hp io-550 with 179 kt cruise for
$98,000, however the engine was run out. The F-35 will take me to SW
Florida for a new develpoment with one stop, average flight time is
6.5 hours. Bad call or no?

Thanks.

Bush

Sounds like a little bit of buyers regret, In the last month I have
delivered 8 airplanes and out of the 8, 5 were purchased on ebay 3 of them
had serious buyers regret! You will get over it. You got an exelent buy at

Excellent buy? My book says average retail price on the 55 F35 is $35K
and the book was printed in 95. How much would the price change in 10
years for a 50 year old airplane? :-))

Actually, I agree, it looks pretty good to me as advertized.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Old October 14th 05, 05:28 PM
Newps

wrote:

"Bushleague" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

There's 2 F models in Trade A Plane right now, one asking $36K, one
asking $47.5K. There's a G model with an asking price of $48.5K. I
don't know what he means by "short" money but he paid retail price.
Old October 15th 05, 01:50 AM
Bushleague

No regrets whatsoever! She's fast, quiet, and efficient.

The trips are from 5b6 to PGD, with a stop in NC. In a company 402C it
was 6.0 hrs. non-stop with a 180 kt true, however with a single you
need to fly the "chicken" route.

Thanks for all of the links they are quite usefull.

Bush

Flying a Bonanza Larry Dighera Owning 28 September 10th 05 09:33 PM
Wondering about Beechcraft V-tail Baron/Two engine Bonanza? tigglys Piloting 14 June 8th 05 01:45 AM
IFR Bonanza F35 40.9K Leo Liebl Aviation Marketplace 0 June 12th 04 07:42 PM
Looking for Bonanza N4252D Hayden McKaskle Owning 5 October 18th 03 02:48 AM
Early Bonanza or Apache? Brinks Owning 11 July 16th 03 06:01 PM