747-400 questions

Old February 27th 07, 07:40 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
capt

Default 747-400 questions

did you take your flight sim along. I would have.

"Not4wood" wrote in message
Thanks JW.

Because I've gotten some great comments on my pics so far I will add one
more tonight. This one is when were walking around Vancouver. After the
cruise we ended up staying on our own for two days just walking around and
taking in the sites.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...a/IMG_0887.jpg

OK, this is from the top of the Cruise ship looking at Hubbard Glacier.
We are on the Celebrity Summit and the Glacier is higher than we are.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...a/IMG_0460.jpg

BTW, for anybody who is thinking of the Blue in the Ice. The Blue is the
Old Ancient "Ice Age" Ice that has been crushed and has its particles
re-aligned thru the years. It reflects the light differently thus letting
us see the Blue. If you notice the sky is white not blue so it is not a
reflection. If we have any climbers here supposedly the Mountain Climbers
look for the Old Blue Ice since its denser and safer to sleep on.

Not4wood

"John Ward" wrote in message
u...
Hi Not4wood,

"... If thats not strange what is??"

This is: His website "PORTRAYS" him as a tour guide around Paris.

I just had a casual squizz the other day, when a link to his site was
given here on the n/g.

Despite trying, I can't change my opinion of him - he sure upsets any
n/g that he's on, and doesn't seem to add anything positive.

So what's the use of that, it's pointless.

I sure can't see this n/g being in any way diminished if he never made
another post, or if nobody replied to ANY of his posts.

BTW, phenomenal last Alaskan image, mate!!

Regards,
John Ward

"Not4wood" wrote in message
Way to go Marcel,

I agree and I did feel bad at first. But we've had some real strange
people of late getting off on trying to stir it up in agmfs but this one
just reminds me of a stalker mentality/troll at the same time who cant
take the hint. Where is the Unabomber???

What bothers me though is his rationalizing all the time without a stop.
Making excuses for a fear of leaving the house and not experiencing real
life! Look what he says to the comments about my Alaskan images. If
thats not strange what is??

Mark G
Not4wood

"Marcel Kuijper" wrote in message
oups.com...
"Not4wood" wrote:

First, there are plenty of 747 Virtual Pilots here and good ones to I
might
add. The problem is you have ****ed off too many of them and NO ONE
wants
to help you. Get it, you've come to that point in time that now of
all
things you need this group to help you after you ****ed off just about
everyone.

Well said!
I happen to care enough about this hobby (and the PMDG products I fly)
that I went
out and purchased and downloaded all the necessary manuals to help me
fly these
machines. I even bought the real FMC manual for the big Boeings.
So I know how to solve his problem.

But...I ain't gonna. Not this time.
He always knows better any way. He always has advice, which is the
exact same
advice and answer somone else conviently posted a minute sonner than
him, and
he presumes to know everything like he's flown and done everything
IRL.

Nope. This is the first time I'm declining to help someone here and
I'm not
feeling the least bit bad about myself!

Marcel

Old February 27th 07, 08:18 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Bryan[_2_]

capt wrote:
"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
How are you engaging reverse thrust? I just press and hold F2, which sets
reverse thrust after it sets throttles to idle.

when I press F2 the reverse thrusters won't engage. I'ts a gitch in the
operatin' system I'm sure, cause I tried it in 2 of them, with results the
same

Dumb question but is there a function lock key on your keyboard?

Bryan
Old February 27th 07, 11:05 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

boB writes:

Do you know how arrogant that is????

There's nothing arrogant about it. A post filled with personal attacks and
nothing else does not address the topic of the thread, nor does it answer the
questions that I originally posted. Therefore it is of no use to me.

Why should anyone help you at all???

Because he knows the answers?

Old February 27th 07, 11:25 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
boB[_5_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
Not4wood writes:

First, there are plenty of 747 Virtual Pilots here and good ones to I might
add.

Maybe they'll speak up. Your post is useless to me.

Do you know how arrogant that is???? Why should anyone help you at all???

--

*-----------*
* boB*
Old February 27th 07, 11:37 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
John Ward[_2_]

Hi Mxmanic,

You appear to miss the whole point sometimes, mate!!

Rather than standby and let you aggravate a bloke like Downloader (not
to mention many other folk here, who I also value greatly), which is deeply
offensive to me, and many other people here, how about opening up a thread
with just you and me, mate, on anything at all that tickles your fancy??

That way, whatever the outcome may be, nobody else here will be
responding to any of your posts, because it would also be a condition that
you and I both post nowhere else for the duration of the thread, mate.

What do you say - have you got the balls?

If you haven't, I would urge everyone here to simply not reply to any of
your posts, ever, so that, eventually, you would feel as though there was
something wrong with you, wouldn't you, as any normal person would?

What do you say, mate - yes or no? Quite simple.

Anything other than a simple yes or no from you should be a signal to
everyone else, and myself, to simply ignore your posts completely in the
future.

Can't be fairer than that, mate.

Regards,
John Ward

Old February 27th 07, 11:51 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Crash Lander[_2_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
boB writes:

Do you know how arrogant that is????

There's nothing arrogant about it. A post filled with personal
attacks and nothing else does not address the topic of the thread,
nor does it answer the questions that I originally posted.
Therefore it is of no use to me.

Why should anyone help you at all???

Because he knows the answers?

-- Transpose mxsmanic and gmail to reach me by e-mail.

Doesn't bother me anymore JW! This new newsreader I'm using has a 'Bozo
Author" button, which I can set to not even download messages from
anyone I deem to be a Bozo! Guess who's on the list!

--
Crash Lander.
I'm not always right,

Old February 27th 07, 12:00 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
John Ward[_2_]

Hi Crash Lander,

Never bothered me either, mate, personally - just a part of life's rich
tapestry, but I could tell that it bothered others.

Regards,
John Ward

Old February 27th 07, 12:29 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

John Ward writes:

Rather than standby and let you aggravate a bloke like Downloader (not
to mention many other folk here, who I also value greatly), which is deeply
offensive to me, and many other people here, how about opening up a thread
with just you and me, mate, on anything at all that tickles your fancy??

Do you know the answers to my 747-400 questions?

I think I may have found the answer to one of them. Apparently I'm supposed
to start one and two after closing the isolation valve to the opposite side of
the aircraft. Then, once they are running, I can open the value and use the
air to start three and four. I suppose the alarm has something to do with not
having enough bleed air or something (although I showed 35 psi, I think). The
documentation doesn't specifically address it, though.

That way, whatever the outcome may be, nobody else here will be
responding to any of your posts, because it would also be a condition that
you and I both post nowhere else for the duration of the thread, mate.

I'm not interested in censorship, sorry.

If you haven't, I would urge everyone here to simply not reply to any of
your posts, ever, so that, eventually, you would feel as though there was
something wrong with you, wouldn't you, as any normal person would?

There are thousands of people on this newsgroup. I doubt that all of them are
going to remain silent on your command alone.

Anything other than a simple yes or no from you should be a signal to
everyone else, and myself, to simply ignore your posts completely in the
future.

If you can't answer my questions, there's no loss in that.

PMA Questions Mike Granby Piloting 24 December 11th 05 11:24 PM
PMA Questions Mike Granby Owning 24 December 11th 05 11:24 PM
IPC questions? Roy Smith Instrument Flight Rules 12 June 1st 04 10:40 AM
Mig-29 questions & general aviation questions 2003 Steven Military Aviation 1 October 20th 03 06:06 AM
Seven Questions For Michael Moore from a Blogger (was Questions for Mr. Bush, from Michael Moore) Jim Yanik Military Aviation 2 October 9th 03 09:36 PM