FAA bans Chantix

Old May 21st 08, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_2_]

Default FAA bans Chantix

....for you guys trying to quit smoking.
Jim

Old May 21st 08, 09:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Jim Burns writes:

...for you guys trying to quit smoking.

Why did they ban it?
Old May 21st 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
. ..
...for you guys trying to quit smoking.
Jim

I know two non-pilots who took Chantix and they didn't have anything really
good to say about it, they are both still smokers and quit taking it because
of side effects.

Old May 21st 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Benjamin Dover

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Jim Burns writes:

...for you guys trying to quit smoking.

Why did they ban it?

It doesn't work with MSFS.

Old May 21st 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Jim Burns writes:

...for you guys trying to quit smoking.

Why did they ban it?

DAFS.

Old May 21st 08, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

You don't need drugs to quit!!! Just QUIT!!! I am Going on my 5th year using
the cold turkey method was 3 packs a day... It's called being mentally
strong and stable.

Also read the side effects of them drugs smoking is healthier even the FAA
seems to agree.

Once on a ferry flight I told an aircraft owner he goes or I go he was
stinking bad like cigarettes was emanating from his pores in the end he went
home I flew airplane alone. I swear there were 10 to 15 cigarette buts out
side his car window.

Old May 21st 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"NW_Pilot" wrote in message
. ..
You don't need drugs to quit!!! Just QUIT!!! I am Going on my 5th year
using the cold turkey method was 3 packs a day... It's called being
mentally strong and stable.

Three packs! (Where the hell is the emoticon with big bugging eyes when I
need it??)

Old May 22nd 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

"Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote in message

"NW_Pilot" wrote in message
. ..
You don't need drugs to quit!!! Just QUIT!!! I am Going on my 5th year
using the cold turkey method was 3 packs a day... It's called being
mentally strong and stable.

Three packs! (Where the hell is the emoticon with big bugging eyes when I
need it??)

Yea, three packs a day!!!

Old May 22nd 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Helen Waite

"Viperdoc" wrote in
:

Anthony, why should anyone answer your question when we all know how
you will begin to expound on your great knowledge of the subject even
though you are not a chemist, pharmacologist, flight surgeon, or
pilot?

Anthony won't be able to display his superior knowledge until he steals a
copy of the Chantix add on to MSFS and plays with it.

Old May 22nd 08, 12:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Denny

Chantix is the best of the stop smoking drugs... I have had a high
percentage of people quit smoking with Chantix, which has not happened
with anything available prior to this drug... The FAA has unrealistic
pharmaceutical standards... What they demand is a drug that has no
side effects... There is no such chemical... Even water has side
effects... People drown in water...

denny