Mounting 396

Old August 24th 07, 08:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning

Default Mounting 396

On Aug 15, 9:46 am, Jonathan Goodish wrote:
In article .com,
Paul kgyy wrote:

I have received the Garmin GPSMAP 396 that I ordered at OSH and am now
trying to figure out how to mount it securely in the airplane (Piper
Other opinions/ideas?

When I used AnywhereMap, I had the PDA on a suction cup mount,
positioned on the left-hand front window. It was positioned so that the
PDA appeared just below the glare shield. It worked well, but mainly
because I could remove the PDA from the mount for data entry.
Unfortunately, the 396 can't be removed from the mount as quickly or
easily, which would require operating the unit with my left hand, or
reaching across with my right hand. Not an ideal situation.

For the 396, I've elected to keep it on a yoke mount. I believe that
there are some advantages to the yoke mount, with one being easy of use
and easy visibility.

If you elect to try the suction cup mount, I highly recommend the
G-Force mount available hehttp://www.propellerheadpilot.com/

I left it on almost continuously, and it NEVER came loose on its own.

JKG

I COMPLETELY AGREE .. . this is by far the best option!

Mounting 396 Paul kgyy Piloting 40 August 24th 07 08:47 AM
Mounting Cambridge 10 in ASW-19 jcarlyle Soaring 0 February 27th 06 01:48 PM
ELT Mounting for an ASW20-C Papa3 Soaring 11 January 26th 06 06:37 AM
Mounting my GPS Charles Talleyrand Owning 8 November 19th 03 11:51 AM
Mounting my GPS Charles Talleyrand Piloting 8 November 19th 03 11:51 AM