Pilots

Old July 22nd 04, 05:30 PM
Flubke

Default Pilots

Hello Folks

Maybe I have a very stupid question. Please don't laugh :-). As pilots are
in the air for a few hours with the sun on their helmet, they must be
thursty after a while. I know they have airco but how do they drink or eat
in their cockpit? Please tell me.

Greetings
Flubke

Old July 22nd 04, 06:19 PM
Mark

Because the helmet has foam to cushion head and absorb impact, there is
little heat from that aspect (sun). I can be kinda warm just from head
giving off heat by itself and no evaporation to help out.

wrt fighters.... in just the 1-2 hrs of a mission not much time to worry
about getting something to drink. Just wait until you get down. Longer
missions (with tanking for example) would have packet of water/other and
something along the lines of a sandwich. Would be a matter of removing
mask, engaging autopilot, and chowing down... If your a wingman you'd drop
back a little more in trail and fly a bit further away from lead. If lead
is nice, he won't be maneuvering too much

Mark

Old July 22nd 04, 06:46 PM
Tom Swift

"Flubke" wrote in message
. As pilots are
in the air for a few hours with the sun on their helmet, they must be
thursty after a while. but how do they drink or eat
in their cockpit? Please tell me.

Are yuu related to Flub Hemke, former C.O. of the 54th FtrGp?

Pilots are supermen and do not require mid-air refueling.

Only Bombardiers eat in flight.