Busiest Soaring Operations?

Old August 3rd 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
fred

Default Busiest Soaring Operations?

On Aug 2, 10:49 am, "Kloudy via AviationKB.com" u33403@uwe wrote:
wrote:
Im curious as to how many "busy" operations there are in the US. and
how busy is busy? Anyone out there training more than 5 students a
month? that would be pretty incredible I think.

Our Instructor Kenny Price always has a full schedule at Williams Soaring.
Certainly way more than 5/mo.
He trained the Air Force Academy soaring instructors to fly their new Duo
Discus fleet (DuoDiscusses? Discusi?). Kenny was also recognized by the SSA
as 2005 most active instructor Region 11 and the US.http://www.soaringnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1174

We are quite proud of our boy.

Thanks for getting the discussion back on track..."Busy" operations.
In 1975, Great Western was conducting an average of 300 flights per
week or more. I have a picture of 50 gliders waiting for launch.
Now the average is about 100 per week (Year round). Many things have
happened and customers ask "why".
We would double our business (or better) if we could clone Kenny Price
and Dale Masters...so I guess that one answer is a shortage of good
flight instructors willing to work full-time, year round.
At 100 flights per week, are we considered "busy"?
Hopefully, other operators will get involved in this discussion and
share ideas. Fred.