Homebuilding Killed Walter Bussey

Old August 10th 06, 12:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Steve Foley[_1_]

Default Homebuilding Killed Walter Bussey (who?)

Actually, he was working on the homebuilt inside his garage (under the
house) when the house slammed into his plane.

"stol" wrote in message
ups.com...
Rumor has it he didn't get the proper 337 form when he deleted the
trusses on his new house. I also heard the home "slammed into the
ground" too. Poor guy....
J.Kahn wrote:
Cal wrote:
Sorry, but who the H is Walter Bussey???

On 8 Aug 2006 06:00:09 -0700, wrote:

I just read in the newspaper that Walter Bussey was killed in a
homebuilt airplane? That got me thinking to look for a NG that might
be dedicated to this activity, and I found this one.

This is all new to me, quite honestly, and disturbing. People are
building airplanes at home and then flying them? This is endangering
people on the ground and in the air flying in real airplanes.

I guess the good thing from Mr. Bussey's death is that the public at
large knows about this practice, and maybe can do something about it
to make our skyways a safer place.

The guy who was killed by homebuilding!!! He was a contractor, who had
to skimp on structure of a new home because he'd spent too much money
building an amateur built aircraft, and the new home collapsed on him,
killing him.

John

Old August 10th 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack[_1_]

("Steve Foley" wrote)
Actually, he was working on the homebuilt inside his garage (under the
house) when the house slammed into his plane.

The attorney(s) for the homebuilder (Sticks and Stones Inc) pointed out that
his client's work had been signed off by various City inspectors. The same
could not be said of the structure under construction by the (tube and
fabric) homebuilder - the deceased.

The same said structure was found wrapped around the ...victim, at the
bottom of the rubble pile. According to emergency personnel, it was as if
the deceased were seated in it at the time of his untimely demise.

"Furthermore, two flattened sawhorses found at the scene appear to be
related to the homebuilder's tube and fabric project and did not belong to
his client." claimed the attorney for the homebuilder's homebuilder.

"Therefore," Sticks and Stones Inc's attorney concluded, "Any [grieving
widow] lawsuit(s) should be directed at the "homebuilt" kit manufacturer,
along with any and all entities, representing various "uninspected"
installed components."

In a possible related story, Harbor Freight, UPS, FedEX and Visa are all
seeking litigation protection, in court, by filing for bankruptsy. These
companies will most likely emerge from bankruptsy as New Harbor Freight,
NEWUPS, NewFedEx, and New Visa.

Montblack

Old August 11th 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jeff[_1_]

No no, he stalled the house, which we all know means the furnace quit, which
immediately caused the house to fall out of the sky like a rock.

jf

Old August 11th 06, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
wright1902glider

So um, lemme get this straight... If I worked in a factory, and I
built a plane in a factory, then its a "real" airplane, and that would
be OK.

Cool! I drove a forklift in a plastics plant for nearly a year. We
made plastic meat-packing trays. Plenty of space in the plant to hide
my building activities (behind that big stack of obsolete stuff they'll
never sell.) That oughta do it!

Oh wait! A thought! She did say "home" built. So um, if I built a
plane in my uncle's barn, that would be a barnbuilt. Or perhaps in the
wheatfield behind the house? Would that be a wheatbuilt, or is that a
fieldbuilt? And if I drive up Boulder Creek canyon a few miles and
built a plane in the mountains, would that make it a canyonbuilt, a
mountainbuilt, a Ned-built, or perhaps an
OLD-DIRTY-HIPPIE-COUNTRY-BUILT!

WOOHOO !
Shrink............................................ .................................................. .................................................. ..........................
I wanna kill... I wanna see crashes -n- flames, -n- bodies, -n- parts
flyin in the air -n- blood -n- guts in my teeth, I wanna kill....
kill... KILL!

Harry "maybe I've gone a little too Colorado" Frey

Old August 11th 06, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gene Seibel

Default Homebuilding Killed Walter Bussey

Those Wright Brothers started all this. They should have gone out and
bought an airplane.
--
Gene Seibel
Tales of Flight - http://pad39a.com/gene/tales.html

Old August 11th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lou

You do know that the original poster here, is from Jacksonville Fl. I
guess they should have outlawed homebuilding sooner.

Old August 12th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Cal

OMG! I recently installed "Gutter Guards", and now, I'm concerned
about the boundary layer being disrupted and the house settling
regardless of control input. I've always heard it's unwise to fool
with the original design...

Old August 12th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Carriere

Cal wrote:
OMG! I recently installed "Gutter Guards", and now, I'm concerned
about the boundary layer being disrupted and the house settling
regardless of control input. I've always heard it's unwise to fool
with the original design...

Boundary layer effects depend on the Reynolds Number, which in this
example have practical considerations of roof dimensions and whether or
not you live in hurricane country...

PS
If the "Gutter Guards" weren't STC'ed, so may really be experimenting.
Old August 13th 06, 05:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Roger[_4_]

On 11 Aug 2006 11:54:37 -0700, "wright1902glider"
wrote:

So um, lemme get this straight... If I worked in a factory, and I
built a plane in a factory, then its a "real" airplane, and that would
be OK.

Cool! I drove a forklift in a plastics plant for nearly a year. We
made plastic meat-packing trays. Plenty of space in the plant to hide
my building activities (behind that big stack of obsolete stuff they'll
never sell.) That oughta do it!

Oh wait! A thought! She did say "home" built. So um, if I built a
plane in my uncle's barn, that would be a barnbuilt. Or perhaps in the
wheatfield behind the house? Would that be a wheatbuilt, or is that a

No, that would make it professionally built as you work in the field.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com