Trying to log in to XCSoar Forum

Old September 25th 18, 03:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Trying to log in to XCSoar Forum

I've been trying and trying, but with the new captcha, it's more
difficult than connecting to a bank website.Â* So I'll just ask my
question here and maybe someone from XCSoar will respond:

I run XCSoar on a Dell Streak 5.Â* Love it.Â* Can it be upgraded to
include an engine noise sensor?Â* The Streak has a microphone, so why
not?Â* The Streak's GPS is the most robust in my cockpit and it would be
nice to use it for OLC.Â* I don't care about badges or records, just
using the igc file.

Thanks,

--
Dan, 5J
Old September 25th 18, 12:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Walsh

At 02:20 25 September 2018, Dan Marotta wrote:
I've been trying and trying, but with the new captcha, it's

more
difficult than connecting to a bank website.Â* So I'll just ask

my
question here and maybe someone from XCSoar will

respond:

I run XCSoar on a Dell Streak 5.Â* Love it.Â* Can it be upgraded

include an engine noise sensor?Â* The Streak has a

microphone, so why
not?Â* The Streak's GPS is the most robust in my cockpit and

it would be
nice to use it for OLC.Â* I don't care about badges or records,

just
using the igc file.

Thanks,

--
Dan, 5J

Odd; on this side of the Atlantic there seems to be no Captcha
involved? You can tick a box to be automatically logged in each
time you visit the site. Are you trying to set up a new account?
Forum seems to be workings as normal.

Old September 25th 18, 02:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I check the "automatic login box" and am told:Â* too many attempts and
presented with another username/login box and the captcha.Â* I tried to
create a new account and am told that an account with my email already
exists.Â* Very frustrating...Â* Maybe I'll try the "forgot my password"
path...

On 9/25/2018 5:44 AM, Dave Walsh wrote:
At 02:20 25 September 2018, Dan Marotta wrote:
I've been trying and trying, but with the new captcha, it's

more
difficult than connecting to a bank website.ÂÂ* So I'll just ask

my
question here and maybe someone from XCSoar will

respond:
I run XCSoar on a Dell Streak 5.ÂÂ* Love it.ÂÂ* Can it be upgraded

include an engine noise sensor?ÂÂ* The Streak has a

microphone, so why
not?ÂÂ* The Streak's GPS is the most robust in my cockpit and

it would be
nice to use it for OLC.ÂÂ* I don't care about badges or records,

just
using the igc file.

Thanks,

Old September 25th 18, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 9:10:59 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
[...]

I've had similar problems recently with the Tophat forum - perhaps they are using the same online platform (TapATalk)? I couldn't get through the Captcha (Gotcha) with my usual browser. Resolved by using another browser (the last version of Firefox (52.9.0 ESR) that works on Windows XP). It then allowed me in without a Captcha when I went back to my usual browser - perhaps it decides that by IP address.

Old September 26th 18, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Exactly my experience yesterday.Â* No email ever came.

On 9/25/2018 1:17 PM, wrote:
[...]

XCSoar Forum registration Doug[_7_] Soaring 10 April 20th 18 10:18 AM
XCSoar Forum Down David Smith[_4_] Soaring 3 October 4th 17 12:48 PM
XCSoar and V7 [email protected] Soaring 8 January 17th 14 09:19 PM
New forum Brett Home Built 0 August 19th 04 09:17 AM
XCSoar Robert Danewid Soaring 2 February 7th 04 01:30 PM