Standard Libelle

Old May 21st 05, 11:59 AM
Pam Kurstjens

Default Standard Libelle

I would like to hear from anyone who has ideas for
improving the handling and performance of a Standard
Libelle, especially designs for winglets.
PapaMike

Old May 21st 05, 02:38 PM
53Z

I added pre curved mylar to the ailerons and rudder.Also a turbulator
strip, (to the bottom surface of the wing as I recall).Both of which
improved the low speed handling.

Old May 22nd 05, 06:45 AM
Paul

I installed a set of wing root fairings and winglets to a Standard Libelle
here in NZ.
The owner was thrilled with the improvement to the low speed handling and
how much quieter it was in the cockpit.
Glasfaser Flugzeugbau sell the kits.
http://streifly.de/home-eng.html
Prices and details are all there.

Paul

Old May 22nd 05, 12:28 PM
nimbusgb

I also fitted Streifeneder winglets and root fairing to a std Libelle.

It was a beut of a machine after that ( not that it wasnt before
though! )

Ian

Old May 22nd 05, 05:40 PM
Tim Hanke

Pam Kurstjens wrote:
I would like to hear from anyone who has ideas for
improving the handling and performance of a Standard
Libelle, especially designs for winglets.
PapaMike

Try making a post at:

H201b Standard Libelle for low time pilot Miguel Lavalle Soaring 2 October 6th 10 10:43 PM
H201 Libelle and wing dropping ruediger Soaring 18 October 26th 04 06:37 AM
Why is a standard hold right turns? Roy Smith Instrument Flight Rules 51 August 28th 04 06:09 PM
Libelle Web Site f.blair Soaring 0 June 23rd 04 08:06 AM
Cockpit sizes of standard Jantar goneill Soaring 2 December 28th 03 11:29 AM