How's the Flu Hitting You?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 12th 03, 02:03 PM
Jay Honeck

Default How's the Flu Hitting You?

Over 1/3 of my son's middle school went home (or called in) sick yesterday.
It's all over the news that this is the worst flu outbreak since the killer
1918-1919 flu epidemic. (Which, incidentally, claimed my grandfather, and
very nearly killed my grandmother, while she was pregnant with my Dad.)

My CFI buddy said that half of his students cancelled lessons in the last
few days, and there was only one other person in the pattern with us
yesterday, on a CAVU afternoon. (Of course, the icy runways may have had
*something* to do with it!)

How's it in your neck of the woods? Anyone ever been hit with the flu (or
similar) while airborne?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA