The Sun Ship Game on DVD - December

Old November 21st 09, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default The Sun Ship Game on DVD - December

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:41:15 -0600, Paul Remde wrote:

Hi,

I just received word from Drew Associates that the film "The Sun Ship
Game" will be shipping in DVD format on December 14th. You can see
details and pre-order he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/videos.htm#SunShipGame

Paul, thats good news indeed. However, one question: will the region code
restrict this to the USA or will the DVD be all-region?

Whats the region coding situation for your other DVDs?

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
Old November 23rd 09, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Martin,

That is a good question. I am not aware of any soaring DVD that has any
region restrictions. I've shipped soaring DVDs to customers all around the
world with no complaints. Some DVDs (such as "A Fine Week of Soaring" have
notes stating that they are "Region 0" for use in any country.

I'll ask the manufacturer what country code the DVD will have.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old November 23rd 09, 06:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

On Nov 22, 6:04*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
[...]

Gladiators of the Sky and the St Aubin Grand Prix DVD's are region
coded... (or at least they were)

-Paul Hanson
Old November 23rd 09, 07:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

On Nov 23, 6:16*pm, sisu1a wrote:
Gladiators of the Sky and the St Aubin Grand Prix DVD's are region
coded... (or at least they were)

My copy of Gladiators of the Sky, which I believe I ordered from John
Roake immediately it became available, does not have any region coding
marking on either the box or the DVD.
Old November 23rd 09, 07:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

On Nov 23, 7:24*pm, Bruce Hoult wrote:
On Nov 23, 6:16*pm, sisu1a wrote:

Gladiators of the Sky and the St Aubin Grand Prix DVD's are region
coded... (or at least they were)

My copy of Gladiators of the Sky, which I believe I ordered from John
Roake immediately it became available, does not have any region coding
marking on either the box or the DVD.

I've now been able to try it in a MacBook Pro with a Region 4 drive
and another with a Region 2 drive and it plays happily in both.
Old November 23rd 09, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

On Nov 23, 6:16*pm, sisu1a wrote:

Gladiators of the Sky and the St Aubin Grand Prix DVD's are region
coded... (or at least they were)

My copy of Gladiators of the Sky, which I believe I ordered from John
Roake immediately it became available, does not have any region coding
marking on either the box or the DVD.

I've now been able to try it in a MacBook Pro with a Region 4 drive
and another with a Region 2 drive and it plays happily in both.

My bad. Mine weren't region coded either. It was a few years ago but I
remember where my confusion came from now. The first copies I bought
from SSA were PAL, but I had no idea till my old DVD player that
played both PAL and NTSC puked and I bought one that was NTSC only.
Unaware of this detail, I was trying to show them on my projector at
our annual contest and had an audience but had to leave everyone
hanging (till someone spoke up that they happened to have an NTSC copy
of Gladiators...)

The SSA was very gracious about it and sent me new copies when I told
them what happened.

-Paul Hanson

PS. anyone know if there are any of the extra scenes included on the
new Sunship DVD coming out?
Old November 24th 09, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

As mentioned further down in this thread, Gladiators of the Sky and 1st
World Sailplane Grand Prix videos are not region specific, but they are
available in both PAL and NTSC versions.

Several other soaring DVDs are also available in both PAL and NTSC versions.
Some are available in only and NTSC version. But I have customers in Europe
that found that the NTSC versions play on their recently made DVD players
just fine. Some US DVD players play the PAL format OK, but not all.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old November 24th 09, 01:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

Below is information from Drew Associates in regard to extra features.

"The DVD menu will have 9 chapters, a photo gallery and closed
captioning. On the box itself will be an essay by Robert Drew on "Why and
How The Sun Ship Game"."

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old November 25th 09, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Martin,

The manufacturer has given me an answer to your question. The Sun Ship Game
DVDs will be "region free" so they will play anywhere in the world.

Also, they confirmed that the price will be $29.95.

Old November 26th 09, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
smithcorp

On Nov 26, 8:12*am, "Paul Remde" wrote:
[...]

org * * * |- Hide quoted text -

This is great news about the release of the film. Glad it will have
the BeeGees music, as I find that less offputting than George's
recitation of the creepy Horsechild Breakfast!