Pegasus gliders.

Old November 28th 09, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair

Default Pegasus gliders.

Centrair is no longer involved with the manufacture of sailplanes and
they have no reason to "extend" what could be a potential liability
issue. If I had a Pegasus I would accidently misplace the log book and
be forced to "estimate" the total hours in a new log book, thereafter
my aging memory would be soooo bad I just couldn't remember much over
20 hours per year that I flew the beast.
I forget the Latin phrase, something about Carberundum, anyway the
translation was; Don't let the *******s grind you down!
Hope this helps,
JJ

Mitch wrote:
Does anyone have any further information on expanding the Pegasus life
limit past 3000 hours? I know of a couple of gliders that are rapidly
approaching this point, and there must be more in the U.S. I did not
realize how bad the problem was until a discussion today with some
folks who truly love soaring, but very soon will not be able to fly
their gliders because of this life limit. This caused great alarm, as
Germany, England, and France have all extended the life limit to
12,000 hours on Pegasui. (Pegasuses?) However, the FAA still refuses
to expand the life limit.

Where is the SSA in all this? I thought they were to be the ones at
the tip of the spear with helping people out with problems like this,
but in my searching, I have seen no evidence of support. I must say,
I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of action on this. It seems like
it should be at the forefront of their attention. Hell, I don't even
know who "They" are anymore. I used to, but I lost track sometime
around the time all the money disappeared.

My own regional director is busy enough trying to prop up the entire
contest circuit on his own, so I'm not comfortable bothering him on
this issue. Who else is out there that can help?

Is anyone out there getting anywhere with resolving the Pegasus issue?

Frustrated,
EX

Old November 28th 09, 02:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Lewis Hartswick

JJ Sinclair wrote:
Centrair is no longer involved with the manufacture of sailplanes and
they have no reason to "extend" what could be a potential liability
issue. If I had a Pegasus I would accidently misplace the log book and
be forced to "estimate" the total hours in a new log book, thereafter
my aging memory would be soooo bad I just couldn't remember much over
20 hours per year that I flew the beast.
I forget the Latin phrase, something about Carberundum, anyway the
translation was; Don't let the *******s grind you down!
Hope this helps,
JJ

What is wrong with two sets of books? Lots of other
"folks" seem to be using the idea. :-)
...lew...
Old November 28th 09, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 06:12:48 -0800, JJ Sinclair wrote:

I forget the Latin phrase, something about Carberundum, anyway
the translation was; Don't let the *******s grind you down! Hope
this helps,

Its schoolboy pig latin, guaranteed to make no sense to a Roman:

Nihil *******io carborundum

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
Old November 28th 09, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob

* * Nihil *******io carborundum

or....

illigitimi non carborundum
Old November 28th 09, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 09:15:10 -0800, Bob wrote:

Â* Â* Nihil *******io carborundum

or....

illigitimi non carborundum

I'm certain that's better Latin than mine (which I said was schoolboy
joke latin), but FWIW the online Latin-English translator at http://
www.translation-guide.com/ can't handle either - the only words it
recognises are nihil and non.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

Pegasus gliders. Frank Whiteley Soaring 0 November 28th 09 06:58 AM
Pegasus or ....? Mike125 Soaring 29 December 1st 07 02:06 AM
Pegasus fo sale ? Jean Soaring 1 February 21st 07 03:44 AM
FS: Pegasus [email protected] Soaring 1 October 4th 05 10:05 PM
Pegasus AD [email protected] Soaring 9 August 29th 05 12:03 AM