What a race in Chile today!!!

Old January 18th 18, 01:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default What a race in Chile today!!!

W dniu czwartek, 18 stycznia 2018 13:49:56 UTC+1 użytkownik napisał:
What ULR are you using to watch it with commentary?

WH

Try find here at 17.30 UTC
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng...5NguDfmac2Fciw

The last race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14fQHVQc3OQ
Old January 18th 18, 02:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane[_3_]

RC put a grand prix style option into the rules for several years. Nobody used it, so it got dropped in a general clean up. No conspiracy.

The option was "last start time," which allows a CD to say all starts after, say 1:30 PM are scored at 1:30. This allows pilots who don't want to play to leave a little early, or any pilot who is in good position and doesn't want to wait another three minutes to leave. As in the SGP, you can also leave late, but it doesn't do you any good. Then fly by US rules. That includes AT if you want it. But it also allows a CD running a grand prix in a regional, with a variety of gliders, to assign a turn area task and handicap. Not every regional can field a fleet of JS3 and Ventus 3 exclusively!

I suppose wilbur will not be happy until every SGP in the us follows every detail of IGC rules, but this seems to me like a good way to introduce SGP style racing into US contests in a way that preserves participation and recognizes the variety of gliders we have. I think it's a good bet that if any contest wants to use this format the RC would quickly grant a waiver, as the provision was already in the rules for many years.

I note that IGC rules include minimum altitudes at steering turns and finish, and none of this light graduated penalty business for blowing it. Maybe they have a good idea there!

John Cochrane
Old January 18th 18, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Dear John, let me paraphrase what you wrote:

“RC put a grand prix style option into the rules for several years. Nobody used it, so it got dropped in a general clean up. No conspiracy.”

-The RC created their own set of rules to the increasingly popular game of Sailplane Grand Prix to be different from the rest of the world. One that allows pilots to enter but not really compete. It wasn’t popular, we failed and still reluctant to use standard IGC rules, due to cult religion unwritten rules of the SSA.

Nobody said there was any conspiracy! This is clearly a disregard to get in sync with the where the sport has shifted to worldwide.

The simple fact is that the USA can’t see past the borders of our country to join the rest of the world. The RC holds meetings to thump their chest, create new cockamamie rules, and completely disregard any reality of the continuous decline in the sport.

The true winners in the sport of soaring are those with a matching start time, matching course and can come out ahead in an actual race. Make no mistake that MAT’s and TAT’s are not a race against anyone except yourself.

GP is PURE racing. Time for the USA to wake up, including you B.B. Quit thumping your oppugnant verses of the SSA Bible.

Old January 18th 18, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Enough!

To the douchebag(s) who spend all of there time posting as Wilbur (and likely many other similar aliases), in an effort to irritate and slander me, you are a total ****ing loser. **** off. Get some balls and give me a call. Let's meet. Let's talk about this like men. Consider the amount of time that this idiot has spent posting as Wilbur of the past? years. Is it Tom Kelley, Chris Schreader, Kevin Christer, Herb Killian, John Cochran, Andy Blackburn, Mini-Me Murphy or any number of other butthurt SSA Good Old Boy losers? Who really cares?

I was just on a flight with an two SSA members and fellow soaring pilots as these Wilbur posts (and others over the past year) were made, I think we can now finally prove to idiots who want to continue to pretend they believe this, that this is more SSA Good Old Boy bull****. We have just send an email to people "we care about" hence now one here, to prove this because many are really sick of this crap. We have been documenting this over the past few months. Again, to whoever this is, to be crystal clear. GO **** YOURSELF YOU EPIC ****ING LOSER. Anyone with a problem about that, please call me at 248.977.7911.

To the people here who constantly pretend to believe that Wilbur is me, and respond as such, you are as pathetic as it comes. You can also **** off. You are morons.

RAS has been and always will be nothing more than a haven to SSA good old boy trolls. The only reason I am here today (I NEVER READ THIS GARBAGE) is because my friends asked me to do so in conjunction with their email to a large group of other soaring pilots disputing this garbage. Thanks to them and again, to the rest you you Wilbur psychotic, **** OFF. You are total losers and this is why your stewardship of US SOARING is a total failure and an endless disaster. The people above in this thread... BUTTHURT, LOSERS..

I am looking forward to competing this spring, now more than ever.

Cheers,

Sean Fidler
7T
248.977.7911 for anyone with a further problem
Old January 18th 18, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 12:46:38 PM UTC-5, Sean Fidler wrote:
[...]

Okay pal, you don't get to delete that one.

best,
T8
Old January 18th 18, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

I think many pilots would love to try SGP racing. If we ever have a race within a day or two drive I will fly. Come out west sometime.

On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 6:22:06 PM UTC-8, wrote:
I'm not sure why Wilbur thinks the SSA ultimately won't embrace SGP. I cant speak for the RC but I know a lot of top competition pilots who've come to like SGP and there's even talk of testing and sanctioning a Formula 1.0 type race in 2019, maybe here in Michigan or Kansas. Hell, if I had an 18m ship I'd be flying 2018 SGP Orlando too. Btw, a significant portion of SSA sanction fees largely go towards supporting the Junior Contest Rebate Program and other Junior initiatives. I can't speak to why SGP Ionia wasnt sanctioned but I don't believe there's any grand conspiracy against SGP in the USA. Presently 3 of the SSA's Board Members are registered to fly in 2018 SGP Orlando I believe. I would think they might support an effort to sanction and promote SGP racing in the U.S. in an effort to grow the sport and offer more opportunities for people to compete. Food for thought. As for the SGP Finals, I'm glad Tom Kelley has gone down to Chile to represent the USA. Maybe in future years others will go too and someday we'll be competitive in the format. I wish 7T had been able to go to Chile. I know he would have given it his very best and I suspect would have been competitive had he gone. Mountain flying is not easy though. It would be nice to see a younger breed of pilots with extensive Mtn and Ridge flying experience pursue a SGP title.

- Chris Schrader

Old January 18th 18, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 11:39:48 AM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

Someone, anyone: Call the Waaaaahmbulance!
Old January 18th 18, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

[...]

Oh no, here we go again. Most of R.A.S., if not all, relished your absence. Please consider it a permanent practice. The "SHUT UP & FLY" T-shirt seems most appropriate for your affliction.
Old January 18th 18, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Oh an by the way, I am very proud to have been the one, along with my wife Tiffany, to have brought FAI SGP to the USA, almost entirely on our own, and at a loss financially.

Without that, Mr. Kelley would not be in Chili right now and the USA, under its elite SSA "stewardship" would be even more irrelevant to international soaring than they are today.

Thanks to those of you who recognize and appreciate that.

You already know what the great of you can do, as far as I am concerned. Remeber, RAS is a haven for SSa GOB trolls. Anybody with new ideas, who is not a GOB insider, is a target of their butthurt. Don't bother. Use Facebook or some other form of communication. It's the same poelel here over and over. No new news.

Sincerely,

Sean Fidler
7T
248.977.7911
Old January 18th 18, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

RAS is no more than 15-20 trolls. Sorry to break it to you. 90% of post are the same 15 people.